Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Citizenship interview tomorrow!

Citizenship interview tomorrow!

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:17 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship interview tomorrow!

Originally Posted by rpjs
At my interview (in Manhattan) the officer said that she was recommending approval but that the final decision would be by her supervisor, and that was standard practice. I dare say at a small USCIS office that could happen on the spot but any biggish one it'd take a day or so - I think my officer said it'd probably be done later that day. I never got any specific notification that I actually was approved other than a letter a few weeks later with my oath ceremony date.
That's good to hear. This is a big office but my attorney wondered if they would make the decision the same day but the agent said no, and that they'd write. Hopefully I'll see the letter in a few weeks then.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
I would assume that if she wanted to know if my marriage was lawful she'd only have to look at the marriage certificate I presented to her. And as you correctly stated, my visa was not marriage based, so does she really have grounds to question my wife's prior marriage? It irked me.
I know it is legal cause my daughter's sister-in-law married her wife on a beach in CT a few years back as they gave up waiting for NYS to make same sex marriages legal. Ironically, like you, they are both RN's.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:56 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I know it is legal cause my daughter's sister-in-law married her wife on a beach in CT a few years back as they gave up waiting for NYS to make same sex marriages legal. Ironically, like you, they are both RN's.
What a coincidence, Rete!