Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:21 pm
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
frrussre's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 4,792
frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can the Government, run a Piss up in a brewery?
Another mess.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...112801402.html
frrussre is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:54 pm
  #2  
 
anabella's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Aspen, CO
Posts: 9,837
anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by frrussre
Can the Government, run a Piss up in a brewery?
Another mess.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...112801402.html

I had my passport-visa-envelope stolen recently and had to re-apply.. submitting every single document and paying the fees again.. they don't keep a single copy of anything

And reading that article I get the impression that the documents are likely to go missing once here anyway
anabella is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:01 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
frrussre's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 4,792
frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by anabella
I had my passport-visa-envelope stolen recently and had to re-apply.. submitting every single document and paying the fees again.. they don't keep a single copy of anything

And reading that article I get the impression that the documents are likely to go missing once here anyway
If the story was not so scary, it would be funny. Saturday night live skit. Makes you wonder, who works there.
Reg. Frank R.
frrussre is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:16 pm
  #4  
Pass me the Marmite..
 
franc11s's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 864
franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost or thrown away. They don't get "lost"....

Another scary friggin story.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/01/hom...ity/index.html

My son (dual nat) had his US passport stolen in Mexico whilst on a trip last week!! He's 15 but since he was so experienced knew exactly what to do to get back home.. Smart cookie.. He was sent to the "Orange room" but that was only because the POE official didn't speak Spanish which is what the Mexican Police report was wrriten.

We've just applied for a new passport.... for him.
franc11s is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:49 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
frrussre's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 4,792
frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by franc11s
Lost or thrown away. They don't get "lost"....

Another scary friggin story.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/01/hom...ity/index.html

My son (dual nat) had his US passport stolen in Mexico whilst on a trip last week!! He's 15 but since he was so experienced knew exactly what to do to get back home.. Smart cookie.. He was sent to the "Orange room" but that was only because the POE official didn't speak Spanish which is what the Mexican Police report was wrriten.

We've just applied for a new passport.... for him.
Another article, displaying just how corrupt the country can be.
I guess, we are living in the Wild West.

Reg. Frank R.
frrussre is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:15 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Hinsdale, IL
Posts: 468
Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by frrussre
Can the Government, run a Piss up in a brewery?
Another mess.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...112801402.html
How do you lose 111,000 files? Seriously, where do they go?
Any ideas??????
Muswell Hill is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:27 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
frrussre's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 4,792
frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
How do you lose 111,000 files? Seriously, where do they go?
Any ideas??????
Hi Muswell Hill,
Maybe someone took them home, like that mail/postman, they found whole rooms full of letters at his house.
The mind boggles, the incompetence of these people.
Reg. Frank R.
frrussre is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:30 pm
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
frrussre's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 4,792
frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by franc11s
Lost or thrown away. They don't get "lost"....

Another scary friggin story.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/01/hom...ity/index.html

My son (dual nat) had his US passport stolen in Mexico whilst on a trip last week!! He's 15 but since he was so experienced knew exactly what to do to get back home.. Smart cookie.. He was sent to the "Orange room" but that was only because the POE official didn't speak Spanish which is what the Mexican Police report was wrriten.

We've just applied for a new passport.... for him.
Yep, one or two could get lost inside inside other files. 110,000 files must fill a room. MAYBE, they lost a room.
Reg. Frank R.
frrussre is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:31 pm
  #9  
Ray
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68,280
Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by frrussre
Yep, one or two could get lost inside inside other files. 110,000 files must fill a room. MAYBE, they lost a room.
Reg. Frank R.
Most likely filed to storage under a mountain somewhere ..... never to see the light of day again ...
Ray is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 6:07 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Hinsdale, IL
Posts: 468
Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ray
Most likely filed to storage under a mountain somewhere ..... never to see the light of day again ...

OK, maths never was my strong point but lets say the average file is 15x12 inches=180 inches square.
180x111,000=19,980,000 square inches

An American footy pitch 120 yards long (36x120=4320'), 53.3 yards wide (36x53.3=1918.8'). Total area=4320x1918.8=8,289,216 square inches

19,980,000/8,289,216=2.1403 American footy pitches of folders.

If laid out flat, all those folders would be visible from space...

God I am a sad bastard....
Muswell Hill is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:12 am
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
 
jaytee's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Birmingham, USA
Posts: 802
jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by frrussre
Can the Government, run a Piss up in a brewery?
Another mess.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...112801402.html
yet, we are safer. Just ask any Repub.
jaytee is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:28 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles Ca
Posts: 336
angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my Canadian friend applied for a greencard and has been waiting over a year now. He eventualyl called them up and they said they had sent it about 8 months ago (they told him not to bother calling until at least a year had passed). He filled out the application for a replacement and waited some more. Now they said they cannot accept the application without payment. It turns out that although it was lost int he mail and although they have no proof of postage or delivery (I guess these very important and desirable documents are just sent regular mail and not certified or anything) they cannot be responsible for lost green cards. As far as they are concerned he received it and thus has to pay another $300 for a replacement...
I guess they have to fix their debts somehow...

Originally Posted by jaytee
yet, we are safer. Just ask any Repub.
angelman is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:36 pm
  #13  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 82,517
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by angelman
my Canadian friend applied for a greencard and has been waiting over a year now. He eventualyl called them up and they said they had sent it about 8 months ago (they told him not to bother calling until at least a year had passed). He filled out the application for a replacement and waited some more. Now they said they cannot accept the application without payment. It turns out that although it was lost int he mail and although they have no proof of postage or delivery (I guess these very important and desirable documents are just sent regular mail and not certified or anything) they cannot be responsible for lost green cards. As far as they are concerned he received it and thus has to pay another $300 for a replacement...
I guess they have to fix their debts somehow...

My husband's GC was lost in the mail. It is sent by regular mail in an envelope with USCIS on it...an invitation to thieves.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:25 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
ScousePete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 1,264
ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
OK, maths never was my strong point but lets say the average file is 15x12 inches=180 inches square.
180x111,000=19,980,000 square inches

An American footy pitch 120 yards long (36x120=4320'), 53.3 yards wide (36x53.3=1918.8'). Total area=4320x1918.8=8,289,216 square inches

19,980,000/8,289,216=2.1403 American footy pitches of folders.

If laid out flat, all those folders would be visible from space...

God I am a sad bastard....
I think they probably stacked them
ScousePete is offline  
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:49 pm
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 484
AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Agency Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
How do you lose 111,000 files? Seriously, where do they go?
Any ideas??????
Here's where 90000 went:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/pr2003/013.html
AlanR is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.