citizenship

Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

postie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default citizenship

Hi, posties wife here.
I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how long it takes for the passport department at the US Embassy (London) to respond to correspondance?
As you know (or not!) I've just found out that I may be entitled to citizenship through my Dad and I sent off the 'in the first instance' form on the 26th Jan. I thought that they might have been in touch by now. Am I being too optimistic?
How's everyone doing?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:32 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

I would give it a few months before you can expect to hear from them.
Although i'm sympathetic to your situation.
I don't see the INS jumping through hoops to get back to you within a week.
Have you tried telephoning them? They can be pretty helpfull If you can get hold of a real person that is
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Re: citizenship

Originally posted by postie
Hi, posties wife here.
I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how long it takes for the passport department at the US Embassy (London) to respond to correspondance?
As you know (or not!) I've just found out that I may be entitled to citizenship through my Dad and I sent off the 'in the first instance' form on the 26th Jan. I thought that they might have been in touch by now. Am I being too optimistic?
How's everyone doing?
Hey posties wife - glad to see you're working your way through the processes already Have you tried to e-mail the London Consular? I don't have the e-mail address to hand but if you do a search on here, it's bound to come up. I found this the best way to communicate with the Embassy whenever I wanted to chase them.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

postie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: citizenship

Originally posted by whatever
Hey posties wife - glad to see you're working your way through the processes already Have you tried to e-mail the London Consular? I don't have the e-mail address to hand but if you do a search on here, it's bound to come up. I found this the best way to communicate with the Embassy whenever I wanted to chase them.
Hi! I guess I could try that. I had hoped to hear something by now. That's optimism for you!! I feel on shaky ground because I don't know for certain if I meet the requirements. Reading through the info on the US Embassy site, it appears that I do, but you never can tell, can you? Still, ever onwards!!!