Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Citibank Global Executive Banking - any good??

Citibank Global Executive Banking - any good??

Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all
Default Citibank Global Executive Banking - any good??

I have taken an annual membership with AIG Int Services.

They partner with Citibank to provide banking services. Has anyone opened an account with Citibank and can recommend (or otherwise) them?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:36 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citibank Global Executive Banking - any good??

Originally Posted by EricK
They partner with Citibank to provide banking services. Has anyone opened an account with Citibank and can recommend (or otherwise) them?
I called them before we moved, to look into what they could offer. Got bog standard fsckwits in an Indian call centre and gave up.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:41 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Citibank Private Bank account which is nice in that it gives me a dedicated person to deal with whenever I have an issue. I get a few benefits (like free wire transfers) which helps a bit in the expat life, but I'm transitioning some accounts now to HSBC Premier, mainly because they'll allow multiple currencies in the account.

Do you just need a standard bank account? This might be a bit of overkill if that's all you really need.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all

To be honest yes I am just after a standard bank account although free wire transfers would be good as will need to send money back to my UK account regularly to cover mortgage payments over here.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:14 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I got free wires but I'm not supposed to. It was something I sort of got in after many chats with my personal banker, so your mileage may vary.

I get my Private Bank account for free due to work. I probably wouldn't pay for it if I had to.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

I also get the free wires, which is useful.

The biggest problem is that there are no Citi branches in Georgia, so I have to conduct all business (including banking checks) by post. Tiresome but tolerable.

The best advantage of it was that I got a credit card with 1 month's gross salary as a credit limit with no hassles. That sure beats a secured card or a Crapital One card with a $1000 limit...
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Swisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud of

we got a citibank account when we moved to US thru my company. Service was shite.

Walked in to a branch of HSBC whrtly after we arrived - could not have been more different and more helpful.

My recommendation: forget Citi, go with HSBC