Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Citibank credit card

Citibank credit card

Old Jan 6th 2014, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

e3geek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citibank credit card

I walked in a citibank branch a few days after landing in the US and opened by account. These guys have assured me I can get a credit card if provided a letter from my employer and 6 months banking statements from any bank in my home country. I will taking my application in today and will see how it goes.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Catmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citibank credit card

We have been here for 9 months and have just got a citi thank you credit card. We were told when we first arrived that we could have a secured card after 2 months in US with the information you described. Hope you get a better deal, cos the secured one is rubbish. Good luck!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

e3geek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citibank credit card

Originally Posted by Catmo View Post
We have been here for 9 months and have just got a citi thank you credit card. We were told when we first arrived that we could have a secured card after 2 months in US with the information you described. Hope you get a better deal, cos the secured one is rubbish. Good luck!
I took my application in the other day with my previous bank statements and employer letter and they have accepted it. Fingers crossed now if they approve it or not.