Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Circumcision

Wikiposts

Circumcision

Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:16 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Circumcision

Originally Posted by Ridski
As someone who had it done when I was 13, for medical reasons, can I ask why they would be against it?
For the same reason they are generally against chopping off any part of your body without good reason.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:21 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who had it done when I was 13, for medical reasons, can I ask why they would be against it?
I believe it's because the possible medical benefits are not sufficient to recommend its routine use.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:01 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
The parents of kids of any religion or none should wait until their kids are adults and capable of making their own decision .
I'd actually say the same for religion as a whole....I think both circumcision and baptising ought to be a personal choice

having said that I've got 3 males in my family and only one foreskin between them ...I've gone through this debate before but on the whole all 3 males are happy it really isn't an issue for anyone yet..... though I do remember when the proud owner of said foreskin was about 3 he did enjoy chasing his siblings around while pulling it back

Boys if they didn't have willies they'd have nothing to play with......and they don't seem to grow out of it either

And as a woman who's experienced both cut and uncut I've got to say I really have no preferance, rather it's who's welding it and what they can do with it that really matters...oh and size always counts
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Circumcision

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
And as a woman who's experienced both cut and uncut I've got to say I really have no preferance, rather it's who's welding it and what they can do with it that really matters...oh and size always counts

WELDING it??
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:27 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You seemed to have picked a very apt user name
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I believe it's because the possible medical benefits are not sufficient to recommend its routine use.

There are NO medical benefits.

It is purely a religious and/or strange custom, in the same way female genital mutilation is practised by some African tribes.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:29 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
You seemed to have picked a very apt user name
My life already
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:44 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if the high rates of circumcision have anything to do with the higher per capita numbers of serial killers in the US? Could there be a link between taking a baby mutilating and desensitizing it as soon as it is born and creating more sociopaths/psychopaths. Food for thought?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Britarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Dunno. I'll ask her when she pulls her head out of her arse
I'm doing speed reads of these threads during my coffee breaks, (God, I thought I had conquered all my addictions), not the coffee, but BE, when I see this most vilest of names, Cindy Sheehan, even worse than Celine Dione, I hear her 'groupies' pushed the cops to arrest her, paid her fine, told her to smile for the cameras, which she did, wet her pants with all the excitement, then she begged the Police to arrest her often, but only when the cameras were around.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
having said that I've got 3 males in my family and only one foreskin between them ..
and like all good siblings are they encouraged to share?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:14 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

And most important. No foreskin means no zeppelin impressions in the Pub loo.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:27 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
My life already
I was not talking about yours
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
And most important. No foreskin means no zeppelin impressions in the Pub loo.
and no competions to see how many 20 pence pieces you can get underneath it..
note to self: maybe that was just my school..
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
I heard about some kid at my primary school who had to go to the hospital to have a stone removed.....
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:40 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
Maybe that's why 85% (or whatever the statistic was) of American boys have had the chop: they just can't be trusted with foreskin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.