Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Circumcision

Wikiposts

Circumcision

Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:34 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Circumcision

Who knows, perhaps it the practice will go the way of tonsils. When I was a child, it was an automatic thing to have your tonsils and adenoids yanked out, now it's not.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

having nothing covering up one of the most sensitive parts of the body DEFINITELY desensitises things... been there (medical reasons) done that...

there have been special cases where NOT being circumcised has lead to BAD things... the guy who first had sex at the age of 18.. only to utterly SHRED his penis due to calcified buildup behind his foreskin that he thought was "normal"... generally if its not clean it gets infected in some way... so for most parents its easier if its clipped. I would say that for most parents being able to easily clean around the area during the first few years is the main reason they continue to do it.

ps - I'm not circumcised... but I've had experiences where its had to be pulled back for weeks on end.... its not nice.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:22 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Someone (can't be bothered to trawl back through the posts) made a good comparison to eyelids - in the same way that eyelids protect your eyes, and help flush out things that shouldn't be there, the foreskin protects the end of the penis, so the thoughts of it being unclean are ridiculous unless the person themselves is unclean, which can happen whether circumcised or not.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I have two rules in life. (1)No needless surgery on your privates (2)or your eyes.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:38 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

When my wife was pregnant and we didn't know what the sex of the baby was we got into an almighty argument about the "op chop". My step son was chopped (but he is American). I was glad when our baby turned out a girl because it would of been world war 3.

I still don't understand why the yanks do it? it was the exact opposite at my school, if you had the chop chop you had the piss taken out of you right up until the last day of school.

I say stand up and be proud of the skin covering your member!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:42 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

so essentially there is no medical basis for the procedure and is completely cosmetic except when performed for religious or cultural reasons

my wife whipped out the 'locker room' argument and i rubbished her.

I will make a few suggestions namely

if you want our society to conform to a twisted 'norm', then you need to too, namely, getting

Liposuction
Boob job
Toe straightening
Botox
Collagen lip injections
Permanent makeuop
Facelift
Tummy tuck

Which are all medically neccessary as circumcision

In fact if a doctor 'does' a boy of mine against my wishes then I expect a multi-million dollar law suit
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:43 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
my wife whipped out the 'locker room' argument and i rubbished her.
If a son was in a class of 1 armed boys, and they all took the piss outta him for having 2 arms.

would you cut an arm off?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:47 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

also

that article from playgirl 1996 sounds as though its written by the same low IQ, ignorant bint that went to london as a strudent and regaled us with tales of empty supermarket shelves

few choice quotes

Sudsing his shaft often results in the dual-benefit of making him clean and hard. Some uncircumcised guys are so sensitive they may come right then and there.

She even suggests giving his member a cute nick-name, dressing it up in costume or decorating it with user-friendly body paints to accentuate - rather than minimize - his special accessory.

The bad news, however, according to sex therapist/educator Patti Britton, PhD, is that this same increased sensitivity can lead to premature ejaculation. "The trigger tends to go off a lot easier," she says.

Based on comments from my wife girlfriends in the USA it seems this is a common problem overhere, despite the practice of common mutilation
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:48 am
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by Manc
If a son was in a class of 1 armed boys, and they all took the piss outta him for having 2 arms.

would you cut an arm off?
Hell NO
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:48 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

also

that article from playgirl 1996 sounds as though its written by the same low IQ, ignorant bint that went to london as a strudent and regaled us with tales of empty supermarket shelves

few choice quotes

Sudsing his shaft often results in the dual-benefit of making him clean and hard. Some uncircumcised guys are so sensitive they may come right then and there.

She even suggests giving his member a cute nick-name, dressing it up in costume or decorating it with user-friendly body paints to accentuate - rather than minimize - his special accessory.

The bad news, however, according to sex therapist/educator Patti Britton, PhD, is that this same increased sensitivity can lead to premature ejaculation. "The trigger tends to go off a lot easier," she says.

Based on comments from my wife girlfriends in the USA it seems this is a common problem overhere, despite the practice of common mutilation
that's complete bollocks........
how can it be "increased sensitivity"...........when it's natural.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:54 am
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by Manc
that's complete bollocks........
how can it be "increased sensitivity"...........when it's natural.
agreed - its just complete bollocks

its a lot more to do with mental self control and being 'better in bed' than any physical thing

this topic is not up for debate in my relationship
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:07 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

In fact if a doctor 'does' a boy of mine against my wishes then I expect a multi-million dollar law suit
Any doc tried to touch my sons todger without our consent they'd get not only a multi million dollar law suit but also an arrest for sexual abuse/malpractice/peadophilia
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:22 am
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Any doc tried to touch my sons todger without our consent they'd get not only a multi million dollar law suit but also an arrest for sexual abuse/malpractice/peadophilia
good point
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:54 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by USBound
having nothing covering up one of the most sensitive parts of the body DEFINITELY desensitises things... been there (medical reasons) done that...

there have been special cases where NOT being circumcised has lead to BAD things... the guy who first had sex at the age of 18.. only to utterly SHRED his penis due to calcified buildup behind his foreskin that he thought was "normal"... generally if its not clean it gets infected in some way... so for most parents its easier if its clipped. I would say that for most parents being able to easily clean around the area during the first few years is the main reason they continue to do it.

ps - I'm not circumcised... but I've had experiences where its had to be pulled back for weeks on end.... its not nice.

As I was cut at a very early age I can't say that I feel "desensitized" as I don't know any different. However, presuming this is true is it neccessarily a bad thing? I mean, if you feel less then do you last longer!!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
As I was cut at a very early age I can't say that I feel "desensitized" as I don't know any different. However, presuming this is true is it neccessarily a bad thing? I mean, if you feel less then do you last longer!!

Speak for yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.