Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cindy Sheehan Arrested

Cindy Sheehan Arrested

Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:13 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cindy Sheehan Arrested

According to Reuters, Iraq war protester Cindy Sheehan was arrested for not having a permit!

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...SH-PROTEST.xml
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
According to Reuters, Iraq war protester Cindy Sheehan was arrested for not having a permit!

I think she is a silly cow.

Yes, it is sad that her son died in Iraq. However, he enlisted of his own accord, he chose to be a professional in the armed forces...

If he had been enlisted purely because of the draft then maybe I would feel sympathetic towards her.

(My son keeps getting mail-shots from the US Navy - another one arrived in the post today. I wonder if they would take him off their mailing list if they knew he was a British citizen.... )
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:30 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I wonder if they would take him off their mailing list if they knew he was a British citizen.... )
nope, foreigners can enlist
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
nope, foreigners can enlist
after you...
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Serves her right, how dare she protest about our glorious leader and give the false idea that we are NOT all 100 % behind him and his views.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:50 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is sad that her son died in Iraq. However, he enlisted of his own accord, he chose to be a professional in the armed forces...

If he had been enlisted purely because of the draft then maybe I would feel sympathetic towards her.

(My son keeps getting mail-shots from the US Navy - another one arrived in the post today. I wonder if they would take him off their mailing list if they knew he was a British citizen.... )
You've got to give her some credit for bringing to people's attention that many of those in the armed forces don't agree with what they're doing. Yes, they signed up to follow orders but sometimes it takes the opinions of those who are directly faced with it to really bring the truth of what's happening to those who are distanced from it.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
after you...
no no no,
I insist, apres vous.......
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:12 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I am really disappointed at your post - did you really mean to call a grieving mother a 'silly cow'?

As for enlisting: I expect many enlist because they want to DEFEND their country - not START unjustified wars against countries that do not pose an immediate threat.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:14 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
You've got to give her some credit for bringing to people's attention that many of those in the armed forces don't agree with what they're doing. Yes, they signed up to follow orders but sometimes it takes the opinions of those who are directly faced with it to really bring the truth of what's happening to those who are distanced from it.
I think you also have to consider that many people in Iraq never imagined they would (a) end up going to war, and (b) be there for so long. I'm referring to those who joined the National Guard/Army Reserves, thinking it was a good way to make some spare cash/work their way through college. Same thing with students who paid their way (at least partially) through school by being in the ROTC (I think they have to enlist at the end of it, no? Must admit I'm not fully up on the details).

I guess you could say they knew what they were letting themselves in for, or knew they were at risk if we did go to war, but I can't help but feel sorry for the poor buggers.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:20 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, serves him right for not asking his daddy to get him a nice cushy posting in the Air National Guard where he only has to show up when he feels like it.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:28 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

According to Sheehan herself, "The reports that I was arrested today were obviously false."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cindy-...sa_b_7856.html
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:33 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nxylas
According to Sheehan herself, "The reports that I was arrested today were obviously false."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cindy-...sa_b_7856.html
Check the dates
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:42 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
I am really disappointed at your post - did you really mean to call a grieving mother a 'silly cow'?

As for enlisting: I expect many enlist because they want to DEFEND their country - not START unjustified wars against countries that do not pose an immediate threat.
Grieving mother? I wonder how many times she has visited her son's grave while she has been off making an arse of herself around the country. And then she couldn't even be bothered to get a permit for her protest. I'd say that makes her a silly LAZY cow
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:27 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Grieving mother? I wonder how many times she has visited her son's grave while she has been off making an arse of herself around the country. And then she couldn't even be bothered to get a permit for her protest. I'd say that makes her a silly LAZY cow

This silly, lazy cow has cost Bush and the Republicans a lot in the opinion polls and provided a good base for the antiwar movement to regroup. Don't think she's made an arse of herself at all, rather she has been very influential and effective.

Have to ask whether it is the message you don't like or the messenger?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Serves her right, how dare she protest about our glorious leader and give the false idea that we are NOT all 100 % behind him and his views.

OMG! You actually said something worth smiling about!! Well done!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.