Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas Tipping

Christmas Tipping

Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas Tipping

Any of you guys leave a little something for postie and the bin men? I must admit the service we get here is far better than we used to get at home on both counts really - and i always used to leave a few quid. There is something about only being able to leave giftcards under $15 (i think) for postal workers - not sure what to do about our refuge consultants?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Tipping

Hell no. The paper boy drops a card in the paper every year with his address expecting a tip and to tell you the truth, he'd probably get one if he didn't play his music full blast at 5am and then make as much noise as possible throwing it over the gate, so it slams on the side of the house.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:57 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Included a tip for the newspaper delivery person when we renewed our subscription recently.

I also went to the hairdressers about a week ago and left a larger than normal tip because it's Christmas.

Would like to tip the UPS, FedEx and DHL delivery people too for hauling large amounts of ammo to my front door from time to time but I don't exactly get deliveries from any of them on a regular basis and they don't hang around once they've rung the doorbell either...

NC Penguin
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Included a tip for the newspaper delivery person when we renewed our subscription recently.

I also went to the hairdressers about a week ago and left a larger than normal tip because it's Christmas.

Would like to tip the UPS, FedEx and DHL delivery people too for hauling large amounts of ammo to my front door from time to time but I don't exactly get deliveries from any of them on a regular basis and they don't hang around once they've rung the doorbell either...

NC Penguin
Perhaps the read the senders name and didnt fancy getting two barrels in the face?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I tipped the milkman & paper deliverer cos they are early birds and I would hate to do that job & really appreciate them doing it . Don't tip the postie. I used to give the bin men in the uk a couple of crates of beer every xmas but not sure how to tip them here. I totally hate all this tipping business anyway, drives me mad.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:47 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Perhaps the read the senders name and didnt fancy getting two barrels in the face?
Hmm. Never thought of that....

NC Penguin
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Paper and bin man.

Bin man always has biscuits for the dog and candy for the children and takes whatever I leave out - $20.

Not sure what the newsie got, wife did it. He leaves a stamped addressed envelope!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:37 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lizzi
I tipped the milkman
- you get a milkman delivering to your doorstep like the UK ? wherre are you to get that ?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of an old favourite...

Last day of his round before Christmas a milkman decided to knock on his customers doors to say Merry Christmas...The first door he knocked on a little old woman answered so appreciative of the old milkman's commitment to his customers over the year, she gave him a bottle of whisky and a £10.... Door to door he went recieving the same thanks and gifts from each, when he came up a door and to his surprise a young woman answers stood there in her stockings , heels and scantily dressed.. splurting out his apology he turned to leave. "No" said the young woman "come with me". She then leads him up to the bedroom and gives him the best seeing to that he has ever had... The young woman then reaches for her purse and gives him £2, he trying to refuse but she having none of it informing him yet there was more, there upon leading him to the kitchen she cooks him the finest fryup just like his mother used to make.. Pushing his plate back full and satisfield he then tells her that he can't thank her enough is was well and truly overwhelmed....The young woman replies " Oh it was my husband's idea, I asked what to tip you for Christmas and how loyal you had been coming out to bring our milk all sorts of weather, he said 'arh f**him give him 2 quid' the breakfast was my idea."
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

In Florida you are only nice to one trademan ...The revered and saintly A/C man ...
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
In Florida you are only nice to one trademan ...The revered and saintly A/C man ...
I wouldn't forget the gunsmith if I was you
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:13 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
I wouldn't forget the gunsmith if I was you
There's dozens of them ..no problem there ....
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ray
There's dozens of them ..no problem there ....
Yeah - but they're probably not folks you want to be on the wrong side of - they pay less for their ammo than you do.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:09 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to have bin men to tip......we have to takes our rubbish up to the rubbish dump ourselves.......
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I'd like to have bin men to tip......we have to takes our rubbish up to the rubbish dump ourselves.......
That's what you get for living in the boonies...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.