British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   A Christmas Tale (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/christmas-tale-341592/)

tony126 Dec 7th 2005 5:59 pm

A Christmas Tale

There is a place in Camden,SC, where Christmas is here all the year round. I know there are doubters out there but this cannot be denied. I know for a fact father Christmas lived there and his mark has been left for eternity. Digging your heels in and saying he did not exist will be proven to be a lie. He even had a family, yes, absolutely true. Never a day goes by without Christmas being mentioned by somebody or other. Christmas here has a special meaning, more to some than others. Regular folk going about their daily business, some even go to Church but getting on with their lives as you and I do. Family do not need a reason to visit but come at different times and bring presents as the occasion befits. The truth of this is that if you lived here it could apply to you and no one, but no one can deny what I have said.

Pigtails Dec 7th 2005 7:41 pm

Re: A Christmas Tale

Originally Posted by tony126
There is a place in Camden,SC, where Christmas is here all the year round. I know there are doubters out there but this cannot be denied. I know for a fact father Christmas lived there and his mark has been left for eternity. Digging your heels in and saying he did not exist will be proven to be a lie. He even had a family, yes, absolutely true. Never a day goes by without Christmas being mentioned by somebody or other. Christmas here has a special meaning, more to some than others. Regular folk going about their daily business, some even go to Church but getting on with their lives as you and I do. Family do not need a reason to visit but come at different times and bring presents as the occasion befits. The truth of this is that if you lived here it could apply to you and no one, but no one can deny what I have said.

Forget your medication today Tony??

tony126 Dec 7th 2005 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Forget your medication today Tony??

I assume you know better than to realise it is not about the event of Christmas as the"sequel" points out.
My main prescription is weekly, taken on a Sunday and topped up daily. :D

Pigtails Dec 7th 2005 8:23 pm

I assume you know better than to realise it is not about the event of Christmas as the"sequel" points out.
My main prescription is weekly, taken on a Sunday and topped up daily. :D

Yes, I just found the sequel and it makes a little more sense. Still think you live in Weirdsville though :p

tony126 Dec 7th 2005 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Yes, I just found the sequel and it makes a little more sense. Still think you live in Weirdsville though :p

Well it is true as you would agree. Gossip and rumours get you into a whole load of shit on ths thread so I stuck to the facts.:D

Pigtails Dec 7th 2005 8:54 pm

Well it is true as you would agree. Gossip and rumours get you into a whole load of shit on ths thread so I stuck to the facts.:D

That's what I hear ;)

Fitz750 Dec 7th 2005 8:57 pm

[QUOTE=tony126]There is a place in Camden,SC, where Christmas is here all the year round. I know there are doubters out there but this cannot be denied. QUOTE]

Now i'm confused - I always believed Father Christmas lived in Lapland

Patrick Dec 7th 2005 9:00 pm

Now i'm confused - I always believed Father Christmas lived in Lapland[/QUOTE]

Where the Lap dancers come from!

Patrick Dec 7th 2005 9:02 pm

There is a place in Camden,SC, where Christmas is here all the year round. .

Which is the opposite to Narnia where it is always cold but never Christmas!

Fitz750 Dec 7th 2005 9:03 pm

[QUOTE=Where the Lap dancers come from![/QUOTE]

I never knew that either. No wonder he only comes out once a year.

tony126 Dec 7th 2005 10:59 pm

I hope you all have read the "sequel" to this. It does clear things up for anyone who has not caught on.