British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Christmas Lights on BBC America? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/christmas-lights-bbc-america-344289/)

CaliforniaBride Dec 24th 2005 3:26 am

Christmas Lights on BBC America?

Did anybody watch it? I did. Hubby and I loved it. Only in Brit would we have a xmas special set on a council estate with white van drivers as the stars. Friends it isn't! And thank heavens for that!

Patrick Dec 24th 2005 3:35 am

Re: Christmas Lights on BBC America?

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Did anybody watch it? I did. Hubby and I loved it. Only in Brit would we have a xmas special set on a council estate with white van drivers as the stars. Friends it isn't! And thank heavens for that!

Even the christmas lights at the end where nothing compared to here though!

I am now waiting for tomorrow night for Mr Harvey Lights a candle, I love Bones and House but no-one does tv like the Beeb!

CaliforniaBride Dec 24th 2005 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Patrick
Even the christmas lights at the end where nothing compared to here though!

But that's half the attraction. Hubby loved it.

We're watching Creature Comforts now. I feel the start of a new family tradition coming on!

yorkshirelass Dec 24th 2005 2:16 pm

We saw it last year when we were back in England for Christmas and it was soooo funny! Just had a peek to see what BBCAmerica has in store for us tonight and it is a blooming Changing Rooms marathon. What's that about?

TruBrit Dec 24th 2005 2:34 pm

I got so p***ed off with BBC America when they took off Eastenders and look what they have on the box tonight...changing rooms AGAIN!! oh well, forensic channel for me....lol sad eh???

britvic Dec 24th 2005 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride

We watched it, very good :)

CaliforniaBride Dec 24th 2005 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by yorkshirelass
We saw it last year when we were back in England for Christmas and it was soooo funny! Just had a peek to see what BBCAmerica has in store for us tonight and it is a blooming Changing Rooms marathon. What's that about?

Last year! Bloody 'ell emigrating really does throw you out of the loop!

dgsyd1 Dec 25th 2005 4:31 am

Originally Posted by yorkshirelass

Makes you long for the days of vegging out in front of the TV on Christmas night while watching Only Fools & Horses doesn't it. Rest assured i'll be checking all the usual sources for such delights as Doctor Who, and The Two Ronnies Christmas Sketchbook later. ;)