Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas Crrackers

Wikiposts

Christmas Crrackers

Old Oct 16th 2010, 2:37 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Crrackers

The must be so used to Brits bring suitcases full of food. When I said I had tea bags and chocolate, the man said, "Is that all?" I said yeah lots of tea bags
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:38 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
The must be so used to Brits bring suitcases full of food. When I said I had tea bags and chocolate, the man said, "Is that all?" I said yeah lots of tea bags
I actually had...

8 tins of Branston Beans
12 Pot Noodles (8x C&M, 4x BBB)
9 packets Super Noodles (8x chicken, 1x spicy curry)
2 tubs of Bisto gravy granules
2 jars Branston Pickle (sandwich cut)
2 tubs Marigold vegetable bouillon
2 tubs Smash
1 tub of Tesco custard powder
2 tins Heinz sticky toffee pudding
1 Tesco individual Christmas pud
1 jar Robinsons Golden Shred
1 jar Robinsons Silver Shred
24 Breakaways
1 bag fun-size Cadburys Twirls
1 big bag Cadburys Big Buttons
11 sachets of HP sauce stolen from a pub

...but that would have taken too long to say so I kept it simple.

The only tea bags I actually had on me were 3 individually-wrapped Twinnings ones from a hotel.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:13 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I actually had...

8 tins of Branston Beans
2 tubs Smash
24 Breakaways

The only tea bags I actually had on me were 3 individually-wrapped Twinnings ones from a hotel.
You must have been way over on weight with all that
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

MrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to all

I actually had...

8 tins of Branston Beans
2 tubs Smash
24 Breakaways

Great I have been to Sainsburys and stocked up for my visit on friday! I am so glad you had branston as can't live without it so have a few jars....!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:31 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsBriggo
Great I have been to Sainsburys and stocked up for my visit on friday! I am so glad you had branston as can't live without it so have a few jars....!
I've found Branston over here but (a) it's expensive ($5+ for a small jar) and (b) you can't get the one with smaller chunks for sandwiches (which I like, as I eat a lot of sandwiches).
Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

MrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to allMrsBriggo is a name known to all

I've found Branston over here but (a) it's expensive ($5+ for a small jar) and (b) you can't get the one with smaller chunks for sandwiches (which I like, as I eat a lot of sandwiches).
Yep me too, a good cheddar (not sure how hard that is to find in the US....rather than all of that fake cheese!!!) fresh bread and branston! Actually I have just sorted my lunch out for today.

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2010, 1:01 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually had...

8 tins of Branston Beans
2 tubs Smash
24 Breakaways

No sprouts????? That is an IMPRESSIVE list!!!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:15 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Burn1911
No sprouts????? That is an IMPRESSIVE list!!!!!!
I should have bought more - there was room left after I'd packed everything and the bags were under the weight restriction...
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:49 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

I should have bought more - there was room left after I'd packed everything and the bags were under the weight restriction...
ahhhh but were you under the weight restriction - that is the question?.. or did all those curry's take a toll on the waist line

I am off back in a week - let me know how many pot noodles you need to replace by then!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:45 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

As for the Christmas Crackers World MArket usually have them for 1/2 price usually around thanksgiving.

As for bringing stuff back my carry on one year weighed 35lbs and contained my cell phone, 4 tins of haggis, 12 bags of crips and the rest of it was chocolate.

I wrote on the customs dec. candy.