Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas crackers

Christmas crackers

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Christmas crackers

Originally Posted by warksgirl
I just received a Crate & Barrel catalogue and they have Christmas crackers in it. It doesn't mention anything about the prizes in the product description. I'm assuming that there's something in them.

Has anybody bought them from C&B before?

Are the prizes, etc. the same as ones back home? Or should I expect something different? In fact, is there anything at all inside? The description says "...in bright metallic paper with the traditional 'snap' when pulled."

Hmmmm...
Try Ross if there is one near you, they usually have them, at least the one near me in AZ does. They also do Xmas tins of quality st etc.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:48 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

unreal ain't it, we spend upteen years taking for granted our shite xmas crackers, come over to the states and were all queer as a nine bob note cuz we can't find any...........weird lot aren't we
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
unreal ain't it, we spend upteen years taking for granted our shite xmas crackers, come over to the states and were all queer as a nine bob note cuz we can't find any...........weird lot aren't we
It's the shite toys and stupid hats in 'em that make x-mas
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
We just got some from Christmas Tree Shop..............12 in a box for $4.99!
Not too bad!
That's not bad...shame the nearest one is about 2-2.5hrs drive away
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:49 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
Speak for yourself

NC Penguin
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee!! Finally I found Christmas crackers here in DFW. I got some lovely ones from the Costco in Plano (6 for $16) and our local Target has now got some as well (6 for $11), they are not as posh looking as the Costco ones but the kids will love them.

Target gets extra brownie points as not only did they have the crackers, they also had tins of cadbury's biscuits (made in England) and Terry's Chocolate Orange. My husband had to "test" the chocolate orange immediately to make sure it was indeed the genuine article and he was pleased to report that it was. So I'm off back tomorrow to get a few more

(if you are looking Yosser as I know we go to the same Target, the Christmas crackers are on your left as you enter the store at the end with the DVD's and electronics, and the biscuits and chocolate are at the other end on the shelves on your right near all the sweets)