Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chocolate City...

Chocolate City...

Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chocolate City...

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Hi Vic, I remember clearly yrs ago working with a 'coloured' stewardess and we were on a long old flight and you get to chat about all sorts and race/religion came into it and she told me to refer to her as being black and from then on I use that and don't think of it as derogatory. Personally age colour race I have no problem with any of it...I take the person for what they are and who they are or are not. My comment has nothing to do with this thread but just wanted to reply to you as you mentioned niggers. I remember my Mum and I going into John Lewis in Liverpool and Mum wanted to buy nigger brown thread and the sales lady quietly whispered to Mum not to say nigger...that was yonks ago. Remember the golly on the jar..shame that had to go..
Most of us had a Golly Wog in the 60's I do not call them then N word either, just noticed they call each other that, thats all.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

what was the comment Mrs Clinton made yesterday she's in deep sh** over that..can't remember...it was quite racist I think
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK we have I think it's called the black music awards.. I've always wondered how that is and if it would be OK to have the white music awards?
Its the MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) awards, you can be any colour to win one as long as the music you make has its roots in "Black" music.

I think Justin Timberlake won one.
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
It was not very PC to say that, but he is Black, just like it's OK when Black people call each other Niggers.
That really is the most ridiculous thing! If its a bad word no-one should be able to say it. On the same premise should woman be the only ones allowed to say the word kunt because they have one? Of course not.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I guess its all some kind of perverted backlash to a couple of hundred years of white supression of blacks. Or something. I dunno. I dont know even why people are so colour conscious.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Its the MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) awards, you can be any colour to win one as long as the music you make has its roots in "Black" music.

I think Justin Timberlake won one.
Thats the MOBO's entirely discredited in my view them.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:58 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Most of us had a Golly Wog in the 60's I do not call them then N word either, just noticed they call each other that, thats all.
I used to collect the Golly wogs from the Marmalade! My grandma used to say "eenie, meenie miny mo catch a nigger by the toe". Ten little indians was originally called ten little nigger boys..... History is full of it. The fact we dont use these words or terms anymore is out of respect, so why should black people use them!

I'm with you BritVic
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:58 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I guess its all some kind of perverted backlash to a couple of hundred years of white supression of blacks. Or something. I dunno. I dont know even why people are so colour conscious.
Agreed, though a lot of people seem to revel in being victims (I'm not limiting this statement to the race issue by the way).
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:59 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the MOBO's entirely discredited in my view them.
I think that as the world's foremost Michael Jackson impersonator that JT had every right to win a MOBO
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Agreed, though a lot of people seem to revel in being victims (I'm not limiting this statement to the race issue by the way).
Maybe its easier to moan about persecution than to get off your ass and do something positive about it instead.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know even why people are so colour conscious.

Makes me laugh the Brits go on holiday to get a sun tan to make their skin dark and the dark coloured race like the Mexicans here keep out of it or hide under covers...look at poor old Jacko..lol dunno how he got so white maybe overdosed on the Daz..lol
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Makes me laugh the Brits go on holiday to get a sun tan to make their skin dark and the dark coloured race like the Mexicans here keep out of it or hide under covers...look at poor old Jacko..lol dunno how he got so white maybe overdosed on the Daz..lol
I know. Nothing like someone sporting a deep tan and spouting racist comments to raise a chuckle of irony.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:19 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent article from the Detroit Free Press that captures my sentiments on Nagin far more eloquently than I can:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...4/1068/OPINION
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:24 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

What do y'all think about the Nawlins Mayor Nagin..and his chocolate city...

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has apologised for comments suggesting that the savage hurricanes of 2005 were divine retribution for the war in Iraq.
On Monday, Mr Nagin had said God must be "mad at America... for being in Iraq under false pretences".

pmsl he said all that? I need to start watching the news again...I think we may be witnessing a nervous breakdown and did somebody muzzle that religious nut Pat Robinson?...it seems to have been a while since he offended anyone in the name of the Lord

p.s I thought there was gonna be some choccy in this thread
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:43 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Is this a white chocolate forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.