Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chocolate City...

Chocolate City...

Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chocolate City...

What do y'all think about the Nawlins Mayor Nagin..and his chocolate city...

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has apologised for comments suggesting that the savage hurricanes of 2005 were divine retribution for the war in Iraq.
On Monday, Mr Nagin had said God must be "mad at America... for being in Iraq under false pretences".

However, outrage forced a retraction, and he described some of his remarks as "totally inappropriate".

He also said he had not meant to offend anyone with his call for New Orleans to be a "chocolate" - or black - city.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:34 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chocolate City...

Originally Posted by TruBrit

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has apologised for comments suggesting that the savage hurricanes of 2005 were divine retribution for the war in Iraq.
On Monday, Mr Nagin had said God must be "mad at America... for being in Iraq under false pretences".

However, outrage forced a retraction, and he described some of his remarks as "totally inappropriate".

He also said he had not meant to offend anyone with his call for New Orleans to be a "chocolate" - or black - city.
Ha ha - i love black racists - they're just like white ones, but funnier
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:35 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

America, the home of free speech as long as it what peole want to hear

Opinions are like clitoris's, every kunts got one, so why shouldn't he be allowed to express his.

Its up the listener to decide whether it is a crap opinion or not.

QUOTE=TruBrit]What do y'all think about the Nawlins Mayor Nagin..and his chocolate city...

He also said he had not meant to offend anyone with his call for New Orleans to be a "chocolate" - or black - city.[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:39 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

He's an ahole, and what really pisses me off is that if he'd been a white Republican, the democrats would have demanded his immediate resignation.

Bunch of ****ing hypocrite the lot of them.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patrick
so why shouldn't he be allowed to express his.

[/QUOTE]

good for you Patrick..it's a free world and we are certainly in 'the land of the free' and I agree he should be allowed to express his views. I was asking if anyone wanted to express their views
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit

It was not very PC to say that, but he is Black, just like it's OK when Black people call each other Niggers.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:42 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
He's an ahole, and what really pisses me off is that if he'd been a white Republican, the democrats would have demanded his immediate resignation.

Bunch of ****ing hypocrite the lot of them.
YOU-ESS-AY
YOU-ESS-AY
YOU-ESS-AY
YOU-ASS-AY
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:44 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by britvic
It was not very PC to say that, but he is Black, just like it's OK when Black people call each other Niggers.
Oh god, at the risk of this thread getting out of control what the hell is up with the whole n-word thing anyway ??
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:46 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Oh god, at the risk of this thread getting out of control what the hell is up with the whole n-word thing anyway ??
Wonder how soon this one goes to TIO!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patrick

Opinions are like clitoris's, every kunts got one, so why shouldn't he be allowed to express his.

Its up the listener to decide whether it is a crap opinion or not.

Because expressing racist views is not allowed regardless of which direction you are coming from and going to with them.

I would like see the responses if say, the Jebster, stood and said that Miami should be made a white city.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
It's a very touchy subject I know even more so than religion.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic

Hi Vic, I remember clearly yrs ago working with a 'coloured' stewardess and we were on a long old flight and you get to chat about all sorts and race/religion came into it and she told me to refer to her as being black and from then on I use that and don't think of it as derogatory. Personally age colour race I have no problem with any of it...I take the person for what they are and who they are or are not. My comment has nothing to do with this thread but just wanted to reply to you as you mentioned niggers. I remember my Mum and I going into John Lewis in Liverpool and Mum wanted to buy nigger brown thread and the sales lady quietly whispered to Mum not to say nigger...that was yonks ago. Remember the golly on the jar..shame that had to go..
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:49 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not just about freedom of speech. Where was Trent Lott's freedom of speech when he made his comment about Strom Thurmond FFS?

I haven't heard a peep from a single democrat denouncing what he said.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Because expressing racist views is not allowed regardless of which direction you are coming from and going to with them.

I would like see the responses if say, the Jebster, stood and said that Miami should be made a white city.

In the UK we have I think it's called the black music awards.. I've always wondered how that is and if it would be OK to have the white music awards?
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:52 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

I see no problem with people expressing their views, whether they be racist or not, after all people are entitled to air their opinions.
However what I do find worrying is that it is often considered acceptable for a black person to express opinions that a white person would be vilified for.
I also find it worrying that anyone who expouses such views in the public domain can be elected to public office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.