Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chocie Bars from Blighty?

Chocie Bars from Blighty?

Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:17 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Chocie Bars from Blighty?

Aero MInt..yummy! The local Indian sells them at a great price...b***stds....
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

marriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
the local stop and shop sells them but it's 2 for $3 for the little small bars
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

uktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to all

My local World Market has bucket loads of Double Deckers and big Buttons... personally, that is all I care about. Although I do love a good curly wurlie
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:42 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I love them, I also like crumbling them on top of the cream on my pavlova. And an after eight in each slice as a decoration.
Think thats my fav type of Pavlova but a raspberry and cinnamon, and a lemon curd are very close runners up!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

marriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uktoamerica
My local World Market has bucket loads of Double Deckers and big Buttons... personally, that is all I care about. Although I do love a good curly wurlie
what's a double decker?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod
what's a double decker?
It's one of my favourites. The base is made of crispies and chocolate...topped with soft nougat...all covered in delicious Cadbury's chocolate.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:32 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod
what's a double decker?
yummy chocolate bar

http://www.handycandy.co.uk/cadburys...ker-p-468.html
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
They are not as good as they used to be IMHO. The base used to be made of cornflakes...which tasted better. The chocolate doesn't taste like proper English Cadbury's. I've noticed the bars have Arabic writing on the back of the wrapper...bars like that used to be for export only...that would account for the chocolate tasting different.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
They are not as good as they used to be IMHO. The base used to be made of cornflakes...which tasted better. The chocolate doesn't taste like proper English Cadbury's. I've noticed the bars have Arabic writing on the back of the wrapper...bars like that used to be for export only...that would account for the chocolate tasting different.
Only came to them recently, OH brought back some from the UK and had one at Christmas and I enjoyed it, don't know what the old ones were like though.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 1:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Only came to them recently, OH brought back some from the UK and had one at Christmas and I enjoyed it, don't know what the old ones were like though.
The've been available for years...maybe 20 or so. They've only changed in taste recently...perhaps within the last 6 months.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

It's one of my favourites. The base is made of crispies and chocolate...topped with soft nougat...all covered in delicious Cadbury's chocolate.
ooohhh that does sound lovely
Old Feb 14th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

I love smarties, an oldie but goodie
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:19 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

I must be spoiled.. The wife went ot the British store in Wilmington for Valentines for me, got me a big box off Bert Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts, a curly wirly bar, 2 Mars Bars, 2 Dairy Milk bars and a Yorkie bar...... I'm in heaven and no I ain't sharing!

Although I am taking orders for the trip in March, will be the first time I've been back since I came over 4 years ago.

I nearly lost the curly wirly bar though when I gae her a bite... although I did limit her to 1 bite lol.. yeah I'm mean
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
I must be spoiled.. The wife went ot the British store in Wilmington for Valentines for me, got me a big box off Bert Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts, a curly wirly bar, 2 Mars Bars, 2 Dairy Milk bars and a Yorkie bar...... I'm in heaven and no I ain't sharing!

Although I am taking orders for the trip in March, will be the first time I've been back since I came over 4 years ago.

I nearly lost the curly wirly bar though when I gae her a bite... although I did limit her to 1 bite lol.. yeah I'm mean
That's what I call true love. Her buying you British sweets and you sharing them.

My hubby only gets the ones I don't like.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:38 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

That's what I call true love. Her buying you British sweets and you sharing them.

My hubby only gets the ones I don't like.
should have seen the look on my face when I thought I was't going to get it back, was like a kid that just had his toys taken away from him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.