British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Chimpanzee attack leaves a man in critical condition!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/chimpanzee-attack-leaves-man-critical-condition-288170/)

Jabba1 Mar 5th 2005 11:05 pm

Chimpanzee attack leaves a man in critical condition!!!

Here's the link. Chimpanzee attack

Those chimps even chewed off his genitals!!!! :scared:

Suffolk Bumpkin Mar 5th 2005 11:10 pm

Re: Chimpanzee attack leaves a man in critical condition!!!

Originally Posted by Jabba1

Its the start of a nationwide chimp revolution!!

Next thing they'll be throwing boxes of tea into Boston harbour and declaring themselves an independant nation.

Long live the Chimps!!

Rushman Mar 5th 2005 11:24 pm

Makes a change!! I've been hearing a lot lately about Michael Jackson trying to chew a Chimps genitals off....oh no that's right....MJ wasn't actually chewing!!!!!!

ScousePete Mar 6th 2005 2:44 am

No PG Tips for those chimps then ;)

Rushman Mar 6th 2005 3:14 am

Originally Posted by ScousePete
No PG Tips for those chimps then ;)

No!! They got the tips off of something else!!!! (Ouch!!!!)

Pulaski Mar 6th 2005 11:52 am

.... Those chimps even chewed off his genitals!!!!

I first saw that report on Friday, and I really wished I hadn't read it, .... but what I saw said that they had "torn" not "chewed" them off. :scared:

Jabba1 Mar 6th 2005 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I first saw that report on Friday, and I really wished I hadn't read it, .... but what I saw said that they had "torn" not "chewed" them off. :scared:

If it had been you, would you have preferred to have them torn or chewed? I wonder which one hurts least. :scared:

Englishmum Mar 6th 2005 10:20 pm

I've never been that keen on monkeys.

Even today in the modern city-state of Singapore there are still quite a number of colonies of the macaque (green) monkeys in the parks and jungle areas. Shortly after we moved there I was at the British Club at Bukit Tinggi Hill with my son (then aged about 6) and we were walking on a pathway through the woods from the sports section and up the hill towards the main part of the club to go for a swim and have dinner.

Suddenly, one by one we were surrounded by monkeys whom were obviously hoping that I had some food in my tote bag (they're very opportunistic and often raided the rubbish bins at the club). Some of the males were very large and powerful looking, and some of the mothers had their babies clinging to their chests....and they're very protective of their babies. Some of the males (big vicious-looking buggers they were as well) were moving in closer and closer and my son became very scared...as did I when the male monkeys started to bare their teeth :scared:

I just started swinging my bag around like a mad woman and shouting out until they backed off. It was a very unpleasant experience indeed. (On the other hand they are very amusing to watch in the wild, swinging and crashing through the trees. Some of the locals would find that the monkeys would get into their homes and trash them.....).

Jabba1 Mar 6th 2005 10:59 pm

Consider yourself fortunate madam. At least you aren't having to have parts of your body surgically re-attached. :eek: :scared:

elfman Mar 6th 2005 11:04 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting juxtaposition of image and text:

Tone Mar 7th 2005 1:22 pm

Why couldn't Clyde have done this to Sondra Locke in "Every Which Way But Loose"?

Eskimo Mar 7th 2005 2:52 pm

According to KTLA news last night he keep his balls but they had away with his buttocks, his lips and his eyes :scared:

Jabba1 Mar 8th 2005 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Eskimo
According to KTLA news last night he keep his balls but they had away with his buttocks, his lips and his eyes :scared:

I see. If one day we should happen to pass a man in the street that appears to have no eyes, lips or buttocks, then we shall certainly know who he is. :D

Guelder Rose Mar 8th 2005 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski

Didn't see the report, but heard his wife being interviewed on the radio yesterday. She said that he had pushed her clear and then was still trying to reason with the chimps while they were attacking him. :eek:

I'm sorry that this man was so badly attacked, however, when are these people going to realise that they are dealing with wild animals?

Rushman Mar 8th 2005 3:06 pm

I see. If one day we should happen to pass a man in the street that appears to have no eyes, lips or buttocks, then we shall certainly know who he is. :D

Hey wait a minute!!!!! That IS Michael Jackson!! :D