Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Childs US Passport

Childs US Passport

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Domnnicki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childs US Passport

I have read online that the parent needs to write their name along the signature space and then right relationship, I am UKC (mother) and my husband is the USC does it matter which parent fills this in??? I figured it would be better being the USC, any suggestions? Wish it could just be like the UK one no signature required

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 3:45 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childs US Passport

How was your child's US citizenship obtained? If it was by birth here in the US, then I can't see that it would matter. I doubt it matters anyway to be honest if they meet the requirements for citizenship.

We have just got a US PP for our son, and we both had to sign and be there...
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 3:49 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sign till you go to file the paperwork to get the passport. It now requires both parents to be there and both of us had to sign. We went to the local county clerk to get Dd's, here you can also go to the post office. They go through all the paperwork with you and make sure it's all there before wanting you to sign anything.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

They were both born in the UK but husband is USC. I already have the passports just wanted to know which parent should sign in the passport.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domnnicki View Post
... just wanted to know which parent should sign in the passport.
It doesn't matter.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

cool thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

http://travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_1741.html

Q:My child is too young to sign his/her own passport. How do I sign my child's passport?
a:In the space provided for the signature, the mother or father must print the child's name and sign their own name. Then, in parenthesis by the parent's name, write the word (mother) or (father) so we know who signed for the child.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

IanR is an unknown quantity at this point

You live in Myrtle beach. Lots of Brits around there and decent climate as well
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

I have been here nearly 5 years and only met 2 Brits.