Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

childrens education

childrens education

Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold
Default childrens education

Can anyone help? me and my daughter are waiting for our permanent residency, she can't go to school until everything comes through she is 14 and so bored, no friends, nowhere to go no one to talk to!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: childrens education

Why can she not go to school? You do not need to be a PR.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza777
Can anyone help? me and my daughter are waiting for our permanent residency, she can't go to school until everything comes through she is 14 and so bored, no friends, nowhere to go no one to talk to!
Who says she can't go to school?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:23 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't she go to school?
My children went to school here before they were LPR's.
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Why can she not go to school? You do not need to be a PR.
Originally Posted by fatbrit
Who says she can't go to school?
Originally Posted by jumping doris
Great minds think alike!
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

We're here on an H1-B and my son has been in school since Kindergarten, no questions asked. Immigration status should not have a bearing on a child's right to education, after all, many of the border states have loads of "undocumented migrants" in the school system.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

both local school and uscis said she can't go till PM is through, are they wrong?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:25 pm
Who?

both local school and uscis said she can't go till PM is through, are they wrong?
The local school may not know but USCIS should know the right answer.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are wrong. Unless Texas has a different law. You may want to ask the school district how many children of illegal immigrants are in the system. That's absurd.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

The local school may not know but USCIS should know the right answer.
thanks for that i will try again. I think this forum is fantastic!
Who?

What visa are you here on?
Account Closed

Why would a local school know anything about Immigration?

And who did you talk to at USCIS?
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geeandtee
We're here on an H1-B and my son has been in school since Kindergarten, no questions asked. Immigration status should not have a bearing on a child's right to education, after all, many of the border states have loads of "undocumented migrants" in the school system.
Exactly. I think there is some kind of law that allows because the feeling is that children should not have to suffer (educationally) because of their parents' actions.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

Its Federal, and Texas! There must be some schools where its spot the legal.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boiler
Why would a local school know anything about Immigration?

And who did you talk to at USCIS?
someone on the end of the phone-silly eh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.