Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Children listed on I-129F

Children listed on I-129F

Old Aug 29th 2002, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Polecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Children listed on I-129F

Hi, I'm a newcomer to this group, and just starting to pick my way through the mountains of good advice on offer here!

Some time next year my girlfriend will be starting the ball rolling to enable me to get a K1 visa to join her in the US where we will marry. Although it's too early to start moving on this (as I still have a divorce pending) we were wondering whether it is a good idea to include my two daughters on this petition.

We're not intending to bring them with me through the emigration process, but I would very much like them to be able to visit me for a couple of weeks each summer once I am married and vaguely settled. Would this add unnecessary complication to the K1 application, or would it make it easier to for them to enter America to visit me?

I don't think any officials at the airport would be likely to accuse two girls of 9 and 6 years old of attempted illegal entry, but I really want it to go as smoothly as possible for everyone!

Thanks in advance....

Tony Farthing