Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

children and greencards

children and greencards

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: children and greencards

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
Yes and he obviously has changed a bit, do you think its just about that?
I asked because I remember my daughter having to have a new GC at the same age...this was because the photo or thumbprint were not put onto the old one because of her age...I can't remember which. But you say your son's GC has both...so I'm at a loss I'm afraid.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I asked because I remember my daughter having to have a new GC at the same age...this was because the photo or thumbprint were not put onto the old one because of her age...I can't remember which. But you say your son's GC has both...so I'm at a loss I'm afraid.
Well its done now I'm just glad we realisied within 30 days of his birthday or it would have cost us an additional $190
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:12 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck. It's because he turns "adult" in the INS world.

For my son, we went down the INS office at aged 14 where you have to GIVE UP the card, get a stamp in the British Passport and WAIT for a new CARD. (The stamp in teh UK passport allows you to travel but is ONLY valid for ONE year).

After 1 year NO CARD showed up, the stamp expired and we had to GO DOWN THE INS AGAIN for another go. (Luckily they waived most of the fee because THEY lost my sons card/file). Anyway, one year later STILL NO CARD but within a few months we became US Citizens. About a week later, the GREEN CARD showed UP. We gave the new card up when he became a citizen and they chased us again a year later for it because there files showed we never gave it to them

Muppets.