Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Child-Birth classes - help a nervous man here!.

Wikiposts

Child-Birth classes - help a nervous man here!.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child-Birth classes - help a nervous man here!.

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yeah, they cut every single layer and have to be careful to NOT nick or cut the bladder or bowel. It's highly invasive abdominal surgery, and just because it goes right most of the time doesn't make it any less invasive. In fact, because of the size of the incision needed (6") and the fact that most surgery these days uses microscopes and endoscopy, you could have just about any abdominal procedure done and it would be less cutting going on than with a c-section.
Wow, that put me off of having a C- section. I will make sure I don't get pregnant. Legs crossed.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:10 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
okay a vag, a section ...erm...what was the 3rd??
The middle kid popped out of my mouth

1. Vaginal - epidural - DRUGS, I RECOMMEND DRUGS.

2. Natural - also vaginal - literally 15 mins from start to finish of first onset of contractions - 0cm to 10cm and out in 15 mins.

3. C-Section - bugger turned two weeks before he was due and I went into labor with him feet first - emergency C-S, and here I was expecting a quickie after number 2.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:10 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
okay a vag, a section ...erm...what was the 3rd??

..err.. nasal!?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:15 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
and here I was expecting a quickie after number 2.
You don't hang around...
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:16 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
You don't hang around...
That one was in a hurry to get out and I swear he hasn't stopped going since!!

Carl, you'll be fine. It will probably be tough on you watching the missus go through it, but trust me, she'll forget all about it once they put the bundle into her arms
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:18 am
Account Closed

duh! reading too fast.

Actually........
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

If you must be in the delivery room - and trust me, Evoal2003 has given you the best advice so far - then look into her eyes and nothing else.

Oh and try not to think about why you are wearing wellies.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:32 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

2. Natural - also vaginal - literally 15 mins from start to finish of first onset of contractions - 0cm to 10cm and out in 15 mins.
Were you camped out at the hospital or did you have the kid on the kitchen floor?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:34 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going ladies, I'm having fun imagining Rays face
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:36 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Carl, you'll be fine. It will probably be tough on you watching the missus go through it, but trust me, she'll forget all about it once they put the bundle into her arms
Well, with the hormones and breastfeeding and healing..... maybe not RIGHT after they hand over this squalling stranger.... but at some point you do just "click" with your baby. And that makes it worth it. Don't feel guilty if it doesn't happen straightaway -- after all you've been through a lot physically and might be on drugs and feel spacey. Everyone reacts differently but usually you do feel that "click" at some point within a few days after the baby's born.

If a mother doesn't feel that, she might have postpartum depression...... it's hard to welcome someone new into your life when you're physically exhausted and feeling blue.

support support support

after my first I was so overwhelmed with the new demands on me I broke down and cried cos I thought I couldn't do all the care. I could have been reassured with offers of hired help or leave from work or or or ..... just that you (Carl) will do whatever it takes to get through those first few tough weeks.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:51 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shit- and I've been telling my wife that a BJ is completely safe....
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Well folks, with only 7 weeks to go, Mr and Mrs M went to childbirth classes yesterday. Gone are my illusions of Mrs M having some slight discomfort and no mess - in came lectures of blood, bowel movements and hours of agony.. (how attractive)

This is a first for me - is it really as bad as i'm thinking??? We watched 3 videos of babies being born, and now im a big advocate of Caesareans!

You don't want a C-Section. It is more painful recuperating from having your stomach and uterus cut opened and stitched then having a child naturally. There are always drugs if she wants.

Why did you ever have those illusions in the first place?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:03 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You don't want a C-Section. It is more painful recuperating from having your stomach and uterus cut opened and stitched then having a child naturally. There are always drugs if she wants.

My wife, who has had 3 vaginally (two with out epi and one with epi) and one C-Section would greatly disagree with you Rita... IP Jr was her last, the C Section- 26 hours after being induced, including about 10 hours of epidural labor. Her words- She would never ever contemplate 'natural' child birth again...having experienced a C section.
She was out of the hospital in 2 days and 80% with in 3-4 days...and 100% in 10.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:19 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

1. Vaginal - epidural - DRUGS, I RECOMMEND DRUGS.

3. C-Section - bugger turned two weeks before he was due and I went into labor with him feet first - emergency C-S, and here I was expecting a quickie after number 2.
heehee my second was a quicky...my smallest a girl..labour was so subtle unlike the first so i procrastinated and had her within an hour of reaching the hospital..i arrived full dilated screaming for drugs just in case.. memories of the first....no time...they did give me morphine though....sweet
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:28 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

Because im a bloke, silly!

I know the rough dynamics of the thing.. i just got the full warts 'n all experience for the first time yesterday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.