Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Child-Birth classes - help a nervous man here!.

Wikiposts

Child-Birth classes - help a nervous man here!.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:37 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child-Birth classes - help a nervous man here!.

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I know nothing about natural childbirth but I've watched both of my two kids born by Cesarean (note the spelling). It's a startlingly literal/low tech procedure: they cut your beloved open and pull out a baby. I know it sounds obvious, but the impact of seeing it happen right in front of you to people you love is simply indescribable.
I had one and I still spelt it wrong!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:38 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I know nothing about natural childbirth but I've watched both of my two kids born by Cesarean (note the spelling). It's a startlingly literal/low tech procedure: they cut your beloved open and pull out a baby. I know it sounds obvious, but the impact of seeing it happen right in front of you to people you love is simply indescribable.
Both mine were C sections as well, I didn't see the first as it was an emergency, he was 11 1/2 lbs Second was plannned and it was as you say pretty basic stuff, plus the gallon of amniotic fluid over my wellies, which came as a surprise
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:40 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
You already did your part. Drop her off then, wait in the local
pub until she needs a ride home.
Yep... all I can say is that if you do stay and watch- you will never have the same viewpoint of cunninglingus as before ever again.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:42 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
Thank you for taking the words out of my mouth!
Dont get me wrong - its her i am concerned for. Ive been to every Dr's appointment, wont let her do a thing round the house, give her massages etc and tell everyone how lovely she looks pregnant! Im a big fan of this - im just nervous as hell about it..!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:42 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
They actually tear the muscle and not cut, this makes for better healing.
Yes, some things are torn/"separated" but the external incision is a cut, 6" long. And the sucker still itches and twinges some 13 years later!!!

I had a tear with my second daughter (VBAC) but it's NOTHING compared to the c-section scar. I'm so glad that I had my VBAC before they quit allowing induced VBACs. If I had to, of course I'd have another c-section, but yuck. You're dissected like a frog!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:44 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yes, some things are torn/"separated" but the external incision is a cut, 6" long. And the sucker still itches and twinges some 13 years later!!!

I had a tear with my second daughter (VBAC) but it's NOTHING compared to the c-section scar. I'm so glad that I had my VBAC before they quit allowing induced VBACs. If I had to, of course I'd have another c-section, but yuck. You're dissected like a frog!
mmm, I agree, and this will be my 4th I am lucky I heal well I guess
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:45 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
. And the sucker still itches and twinges some 13 years later!!!
That's teenagers for ya
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
I gave the nurses the number of the pub.. not sure theres much else i can do..
And if you were my husband you had better make sure you had the number of a good divorce lawyer... it took 2 remember

kidding aside... just keep in mind that every woman is different... your wife maybe screaming her head off, crying her heart out or completely zoned out. My daughter was induced labour pains for me were close together and very intense (I was a crier and yes it hurt) then I had an epidurial... thank god for epidurials. After having that I basically laid back and relaxed until it was time to push.

Maybe this is too much detail for you but there was no bowel movement and not nearly as much blood as I expected there to be. My husband spend most of the time helping me keep my legs up and bring my chin to my chest.

Hubby and I attended child birth classes too and to be honest neither us really got that much out of them... alot of it seemed to be one big promotion for breast feeding (not that I am against BF and I did BF my daughter).

When is your wife due??? my second is also due in about 7 weeks... I am due April 3rd.

Ash
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:47 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a video of the op on a Learning Channel show.... I actually wanted to see it, but it's rather graphic to watch the tearing of the tissues and shoving this over or down or up or .... the piece de la resistance, taking the uterus of the abdomen to suture it. Swear it looks like they are butchering you, not healing you!

Subsequent sections are supposed to be "easier" in that they try to go in through existing scar tissue. But of course, that is just hearsay.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by ironporer
you will never have the same viewpoint of cunninglingus as before ever again.
I had trouble getting used to the echo
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:48 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
That's teenagers for ya
Yep, some days I want to tell her "you know my scar STILL F'ING HURTS!!!!!" when she is being ungrateful. But that wouldn't be motherlike.
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I had trouble getting used to the echo
Get real, if she had sections there weren't no echo. I had one vag birth and I'm still reasonably snug.
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

your 4th c-section?? wow i've not heard of that ...I have friend who've had 3 one was told not to have anymore kids because of the scarring.,...
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:49 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
And if you were my husband you had better make sure you had the number of a good divorce lawyer... it took 2 remember

kidding aside... just keep in mind that every woman is different... your wife maybe screaming her head off, crying her heart out or completely zoned out. My daughter was induced labour pains for me were close together and very intense (I was a crier and yes it hurt) then I had an epidurial... thank god for epidurials. After having that I basically laid back and relaxed until it was time to push.

Maybe this is too much detail for you but there was no bowel movement and not nearly as much blood as I expected there to be. My husband spend most of the time helping me keep my legs up and bring my chin to my chest.

Hubby and I attended child birth classes too and to be honest neither us really got that much out of them... alot of it seemed to be one big promotion for breast feeding (not that I am against BF and I did BF my daughter).

When is your wife due??? my second is also due in about 7 weeks... I am due April 3rd.

Ash
We are due the day after you!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:50 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
your 4th c-section?? wow i've not heard of that ...I have friend who've had 3 one was told not to have anymore kids because of the scarring.,...
Well.... like I said, it got in there and it's gotta come out one way or the other. These days they're back to saying that it's safer to repeat sections instead of trying for VBACs due to the risk of rupture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.