Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Check out this wonderful singer (on North American tour)

Check out this wonderful singer (on North American tour)

Old Jul 22nd 2012, 1:26 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Check out this wonderful singer (on North American tour)

A few years ago my best friend here in the US, an Aussie expat, told me about an Aussie singer called Missy Higgins. She is *huge* in Oz, all of her concerts have sold out in minutes when the tickets have gone on sale and I subsequently purchased her albums.

I was lucky to see her performing as a 'support' act about four years ago in NYC - I can't even remember now who was the main act, but he just didn't compare with the pure, clear voice of Missy Higgins. My friend and I had a quick chat with her after her performance and she seemed to be very shy and modest.

She's doing a US and Canadian tour this Summer and early Autumn. If she's appearing near you, I highly recommend that you go and see her if she's in concert in your vicinity:

http://www.missyhiggins.com

Tour schedule:

http://missyhiggins.com/2012/07/more...eleased-today/

(From her album 'On A Clear Night')

From the Jay Leno show last night (20th July):

Last edited by Englishmum; Jul 22nd 2012 at 1:36 am. Reason: added a link