Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to post from London to America?

Cheapest way to post from London to America?

Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Andybman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheapest way to post from London to America?

Evening everyone,
I hope you can help, I am looking to post around 6 large boxes to the states as im moving across and I was wondering if anyone had a link or knew of a company that does cheap door to door delivery or even if I have to go and collect it Chicago side I don't mind.

Im posting London to Chicago!

Thanks in advance!

Andy
Old Mar 15th 2015, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to post from London to America?

Take a look in the BE Wiki...Ozzidoc made an entry on the subject.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 12:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to post from London to America?

Check Yellow Pages (.com) for freight and shipping companies. They will collect at your end, and are very reasonable if you can collect and process the customs paperwork yourself and then collect your boxes from the customs warehouse. That is what I did, and it involved a bit of f@rt!ng around at the airport (freight and customs side), but the cost for 2-3 trunks of my father's things after he died, was very reasonable. ..... I don't recall exactly how much, but I am from Yorkshire.