Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to mail guitar UK to USA

Wikiposts

Cheapest way to mail guitar UK to USA

Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

pickups85 will become famous soon enough
Default Cheapest way to mail guitar UK to USA

I have an electric guitar in Scotland I'd like to get sent over to Kentucky, any advice? It's an electric guitar, no idea what the weight is
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to mail guitar UK to USA

Originally Posted by pickups85
I have an electric guitar in Scotland I'd like to get sent over to Kentucky, any advice? It's an electric guitar, no idea what the weight is

UPS has a major hub at Louisville Airport. Getting it over with them shouldn't be a hassle (no strings attached)/

Jim.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

pickups85 will become famous soon enough

thanks i'll check them out. I looked at UPS while i was in Scotland but it was so expensive that it cost almost half the value of the guitar so i decided to buy one in the states and leave it behind. i can always ask a relative to bring it as extra luggage if they come to visit
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a Mailboxes etc/UPS store near you? They'll help pack it.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

It's going to be expensive to ship due to the weight and more importantly, size. If I were you I'd get someone to bring it over when they visit or pick it up the next time you're going back there, the fee for the additional baggage is going to be a lot cheaper than the shipping cost.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Air mail?

Old Oct 1st 2010, 5:54 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about using something like http://www.firstluggage.com/?id=356299 pack it well and have it picked up one end and brought to your door here.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pickups85
Unless it's rare and/or valuable, buy a new one. Willis Music in Lexington Green has a fairly good selection.

Ian