Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The cheapest travel agents

The cheapest travel agents

Old Nov 9th 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

adamfdz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The cheapest travel agents

It has probably been done before, but here we go anyway.....who has found the cheapest return flight to the UK, how much and with which website or travel agents?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 12:39 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The cheapest travel agents

Originally posted by adamfdz
It has probably been done before, but here we go anyway.....who has found the cheapest return flight to the UK, how much and with which website or travel agents?
I haven't used this agency so I have no idea of their quality of service. However, they were listed in the latest edition of the 'Frommers Budget Travel' magazine as a consolidator (bucket shop) offering discount fares to the UK and Ireland from the US and Canada. They're based in NYC and I think they're an Irish/American Irish owned travel agency:

http://www.ukair.com

I should imagine that many of the routes are not direct eg. perhaps via Iceland, Germany, France etc. but there is a toll-free phone number to enquire about the latest deals.

I have a feeling that they don't tell you the name of the airline until you agree to buy the tickets (which is why I don't use Priceline!). However, when cost is more important than convenience then maybe it's worth a shot! I have to admit to being cynical after seeing the low fares on the Homepage to the UK - I should imagine the prices are exclusive of airport taxes or/and severely restricted tickets departing an ungodly hours!!!!

No harm in phoning them though as it's free. Good Luck, and if you do get a good deal, do post back here!