Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheapest flights to the US - whats the best web site?

Cheapest flights to the US - whats the best web site?

Old Feb 12th 2003, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Question Cheapest flights to the US - whats the best web site?

I'm hoping to take a short trip in March and wondered if anyone used any particular company/web site for really good deals.

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 12th 2003, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday british airways announced cheap flights from US to UK ($198 return was the best) ... I checked it out and the fares are about the same UK - US, think you have to book by friday to take advantage. mebbe worth a look

www.ba.com

atb Jan
Old Feb 12th 2003, 1:51 pm
darrenb

The best best thing to do is sign up for travelocity.co.uk fare watcher. I actually have london - detroit listed on my email as I use that airport often.

Currently the cheapest is £125 + tax return. You have to fly out before the end of March and come back before the end of April.

The link is: http://res.travelocity.co.uk/cannonb...Finder&LANG=EN

If that doesnt work for you go to www.travlocity.co.uk and sign up for the farewatcher.

Also I can recommend:

www.ebookers.com abd www.cheapflights.com

I have purchased tickets through both of them and have been very pleased.

Hope this helps!!

D

PS. Dont fly Northwest - they suck!

Old Feb 12th 2003, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I have always gone direct to the airline. BA, Virgin or American. Never got a better deal on any of the discount Companies. I have been doing the trip UK- NYC NYC - UK for more then 20 years. I just watch the TV or newspapers & look out for the specials. We are going to UK in 2 weeks, Virgin $169(Roundtrip) + 5000 miles + tax (I got the miles from Virgin for other trips). Got to choose my seats, NO Standby or open ticket deals from bucket shops or pot luck airlines with PriceLine.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 12th 2003, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

NICE ONE jan_michigan,
your BA deal is great price. How much cheaper then $198 + tx = $293 per person can we get or expect. Like I said in my other reply, check out the papers & TV .
Frank R.

7000 miles = $300 including drinks food & movie.
Old Feb 16th 2003, 8:51 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cheapest flights to the US - whats the best web site?

Originally posted by whatever
I'm hoping to take a short trip in March and wondered if anyone used any particular company/web site for really good deals.

Thanks for your help
Have you tried www.cheapflights.co.uk ?
Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default thanks for the info

these are all great sites. I've noticed Virgin are doing some pretty impressive deals at the moment www.virgin.com

I always find their flights enjoyable too as they have individual screens and my son can play nintendo or watch movies - seems to make the flight pass so much quicker!
Old Feb 17th 2003, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Eric The Troll is an unknown quantity at this point

We used www.airline-network.co.uk for our flights out to Atlanta then Opodo for our internal transfers.
Old Feb 24th 2003, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

jockgurl is an unknown quantity at this point

i saw British Airways flights for 77 pounds one way from london.I just saw that last week
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 9:51 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nxylas
Have you tried www.cheapflights.co.uk ?
www.ebookers.com

used these and got 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids direct to Tampa from gatwick including taxes £880
Old Mar 4th 2003, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

sassy2508 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whatever

Thanks for your help

HI, you should try www.majortravel.co.uk , i just used these to book a return flight MAN - BOS - MAN via philly for beginning of May costing £256 inc tax, and the best bit is you can send them a cheque rather than use a credit card online