Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling USA Phones And Mobiles

Wikiposts

Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling USA Phones And Mobiles

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:34 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling USA Phones And Mobiles

Just thought I would let you know about 2 cheap phone numbers I have found for calling Amereican land lines and mobile phones!

These are ten times better than those calling cards that either charge for connecting you or go out of date before you've used up the credit. So, if you've got family back in the UK who phone you, give them these numbers and they will save a small fortune. These are access numbers, so you dial them first. At the prompt, dial your international destination number in full, including '00' (you can dial your destination number at any time during the prompt) and that's all you have to do. The connections are perfect, there is no delay and they don't appear on your phone bill as international numbers, just as local calls. There are 2 numbers, the first one is the cheapest one for calling during the day (The price of a national rate call, about 2p) and the second one is best for calling at weekends and evenings (only 1p/ min). They charge by the second so, unlike calling cards, you don't get charged for a full minute if you don't use a full minute.

During the day : 0870 794 3490 + full international number (National rate, about 2p) - Even Mobile Numbers!

During the weekend or evenings : 0844 570 3490 + full international number (1p/ min) - Even Mobile Numbers!

Your family will save a small fortune on overseas calls.

Steve.

Last edited by SteveBannister; Aug 16th 2004 at 9:18 am.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Phone Numbers For Calling USA Phones And Mobiles

So...Steve....Do you really know what's going on?
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Just thought I would let you know about 2 cheap phone numbers I have found for calling Amereican land lines and mobile phones!

These are ten times better than those calling cards that either charge for connecting you or go out of date before you've used up the credit. So, if you've got family back in the UK who phone you, give them these numbers and they will save a small fortune. These are access numbers, so you dial them first. At the prompt, dial your international destination number in full, including '00' (you can dial your destination number at any time during the prompt) and that's all you have to do. The connections are perfect, there is no delay and they don't appear on your phone bill as international numbers, just as local calls. There are 2 numbers, the first one is the cheapest one for calling during the day (The price of a national rate call, about 2p) and the second one is best for calling at weekends and evenings (only 1p/ min). They charge by the second so, unlike calling cards, you don't get charged for a full minute if you don't use a full minute.

During the day : 0870 794 3490 + full international number (National rate, about 2p) - Even Mobile Numbers!

During the weekend or evenings : 0844 570 3490 + full international number (1p/ min) - Even Mobile Numbers!

Steve.
Sounds great! I currently use Alpha Telecom - 3p per minute for landline and mobile.

Which company is it offering these deals?

Minty
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:58 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Minty
Sounds great! I currently use Alpha Telecom - 3p per minute for landline and mobile.

Which company is it offering these deals?

Minty
Can't remember, I've had the number programmed into my phone for ages.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:19 am
TV producer

sdee is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't remember, I've had the number programmed into my phone for ages.

Do you work for this company Steve...?!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:18 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally Posted by sdee
Do you work for this company Steve...?!
LOL...No, just trying to pass on a good deal. I'm an Electrician on my way to Adelaide.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Steve.
I don't know if you're aware of this, but calling American landlines and American mobile phones are one in the same. What I mean is that they don't charge extra as they do in the UK. At least not that I'm aware of.