Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheap Music Downloads from Russia

Cheap Music Downloads from Russia

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:21 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Music Downloads from Russia

Originally Posted by Eskimo
thats theft
How is it theft if you've paid for it?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
if the money doesn't go back to record company as previously implied - I think you know that Virgin are going to be straight even if you don't care , I expect to be paid for work I do and would be pissed if I didnt
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:35 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I think you know that Virgin are going to be straight even if you don't care , I expect to be paid for work I do and would be pissed if I didnt
funny you mention that as Branson first made his money selling bootleg tapes at car boot sales.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

funny you mention that as Branson first made his money selling bootleg tapes at car boot sales.
I thought he was a silver spoon ? .. still though the reality is if someone creates something and works hard they should be paid for their efforts and I'm not convinced that these sites facilitate this - other than lining the pockets of gangsters
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he was a silver spoon ? .. still though the reality is if someone creates something and works hard they should be paid for their efforts and I'm not convinced that these sites facilitate this - other than lining the pockets of gangsters

Branson - silver spoon?!?!?!? Where have you been living!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of like buying stolen goods - especially if you are aware they're stolen
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:58 pm
@matthewb76

I thought he was a silver spoon ?
I thought he made it himself, semantics I guess....
.. still though the reality is if someone creates something and works hard they should be paid for their efforts and I'm not convinced that these sites facilitate this - other than lining the pockets of gangsters
you're right of course, I know exactly where the money is going - only a mug wouldn't. I was playing devils advocate as I long think the RIAA buried their headsi n the sand over music downloads for far too long and are reaping what they have sown over their own inactivity.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought he made it himself, semantics I guess....

you're right of course, I know exactly where the money is going - only a mug wouldn't. I was playing devils advocate as I long think the RIAA buried their headsi n the sand over music downloads for far too long and are reaping what they have sown over their own inactivity.

You had to admit to playing devil's advocate - just as it was about to get intereting -arse!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:06 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

I believe Branson made it for himself, but I also belive his family are minted, so who knows if he got any help...................................
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:07 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

So, in conclusion it may or may not be illegal to download music from this site if based in the US, but its certainly immoral to, is that a fair summation ??
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:09 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
I believe Branson made it for himself, but I also belive his family are minted, so who knows if he got any help...................................
A lot of these self-made types mysteriously turn out to have minted parents. It like thse 18 year olds you read about in the papers from time to time who've set up their own businesses, etc. About 75% of the time it turns out that daddy was bankrolling them.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
So, in conclusion it may or may not be illegal to download music from this site if based in the US, but its certainly immoral to, is that a fair summation ??

clearly depends on your morals! It is outside the spirit of the law - and you are taking bread from the mouths of record company execs and artists.....
.....having friends trying to break a record at the moment I should really say this in seriousness cos they arent all minted!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:10 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Big D
clearly depends on your morals! It is outside the spirit of the law - and you are taking bread from the mouths of record company execs and artists.....
.....having friends trying to break a record at the moment I should really say this in seriousness cos they arent all minted!
Fair point, but the record execs are hardly paupers and all too often its big businesses who try to take the bread from the mouths of the little people so its nice to get some payback (I work for an insurance company. Some of the stunts these f**kers pull would make your hair curl)
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:13 pm
@matthewb76

(I work for an insurance company. Some of the stunts these f**kers pull would make your hair curl)
sent you a PM
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Fair point, but the record execs are hardly paupers and all too often its big businesses who try to take the bread from the mouths of the little people so its nice to get some payback
total bollox ....I live in box, you live in a house that you worked for so I'm gonna rob you cos you are hardly a pauper ..how's that fair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.