Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheap flights to UK

Cheap flights to UK

Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:07 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Cheap flights to UK

I am trying to find reasonable flights to UK from Florida, if poss. that are direct flights - they all seem to have stop overs.
We want to go in March for a month.

Anybody had success with finding good fares, direct flights etc?
We meet up with folks coming over here for vacation who always tell us how cheap their flights were.

We have looked at Virgin Airways, Priceline.com. Airport taxes are horrendous now, but I have heard of folks getting a good fare which includes the taxes.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap flights to UK

Originally Posted by Pamela 1
I am trying to find reasonable flights to UK from Florida, if poss. that are direct flights - they all seem to have stop overs.

We meet up with folks coming over here for vacation who always tell us how cheap their flights were.

We have looked at Virgin Airways, Priceline.com. Airport taxes are horrendous now, but I have heard of folks getting a good fare which includes the taxes.
There no charters going that way ..Best will be BA from Tampa direct to Gatwick
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:57 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the charter flights flying between the UK and Florida go to the other Orlando airport, Sanford (airport code is SFB). Normally passengers have to be in possession of a non-US passport but I guess you have a British one? You would probably have to book such a flight via the airline's UK website or through a UK travel agent.

I don't know which airport you want to fly to in the UK, so I went to http://www.cheaptickets.co.uk and typed in 'London' and 'Sanford, Florida' - without any dates - to see what came up; results are posted for all the London area airports and both Orlando airports (SFB = Sanford) and (MCO = Orlando).

Charter flights which came up were with Monarch Airlines, Thomsonfly, Airtours, Thomas Cook, My Travel. There are links to their sites via the Cheaptickets website.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Most of the charter flights flying between the UK and Florida go to the other Orlando airport, Sanford (airport code is SFB). Normally passengers have to be in possession of a non-US passport but I guess you have a British one? You would probably have to book such a flight via the airline's UK website or through a UK travel agent.
But those flights are for sardines .....
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:19 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But those flights are for sardines .....

Well....the O/P did seem to want the *cheapest* flights! I know that some of them eg. Thomas Cook have larger space if you pay more for it.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:28 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Well....the O/P did seem to want the *cheapest* flights! I know that some of them eg. Thomas Cook have larger space if you pay more for it.
Bleedin peasants ...............
Old Dec 27th 2006, 6:56 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your replies. Englishmum I will check out those you gave us. We have been on My Travel 5 years ago from Toronto. They were good.

We have been online today and as we'll be in Toronto in the summer it looks like it will be easier for us to go from there for a number of reasons. Direct flight being one, and we have found some good fares for September.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

StarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant future

Lat time I checked (last summer) FlyGlobeSpan had flights direct from Orlando to Scotland for pretty reasonable...$250 one way I think.

I just booked a trip to the UK for March on Continental.com and the tickets were $590 roundtrip including taxes. That's flying into Edinburgh.

I also booked a cheap flight in August on BMI, flying into Manchester from Las Vegas. We had to fly into Las Vegas but the price made it worth it. Though maybe not worth it from Florida!!!!

Good luck, if you search long and hard and are flexible about where you land in the UK you can find some good deals.