Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheap Flights

Cheap Flights

Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:37 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap Flights

If anyone's looking for flights home, the recent bombing incident (s) seem to have lowered the prices substantially. The exhange rate is more favourable too.

Eg., BOS - LHR on BA is $534 for the rest of July and Aug if you can be flexi on your dates.

AA and Virgin are cheap too. Might be a cunning time to book ahead.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Beer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the roughBeer:30 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cheap Flights

Interesting.
Things are not getting cheaper out of DC. (IAD-LHR)
Last month I bought tickets for the week of Labor day and another ticket for 12 days in October. I paid $603 for September and $543 for October. I just looked up the same fares and now they are $765 and $630 respectively.
I wish things were getting cheaper. I miss the $350 round trips I used to get 2 years ago.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:38 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beer:30
Interesting.
Last month I bought tickets for the week of Labor day and another ticket for 12 days in October. I paid $603 for September and $543 for October. I just looked up the same fares and now they are $765 and $630 respectively.
I wish things were getting cheaper. I miss the $350 round trips I used to get 2 years ago.

Yes, I am checking the published fares in our reservation system and the only deal I saw out of NYC was on AA for travel after 19 Aug. It's a sale that goes off 24 July. Other than that, no not yet-maybe on the airlines' individual websiotes?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:54 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yes, I am checking the published fares in our reservation system and the only deal I saw out of NYC was on AA for travel after 19 Aug. It's a sale that goes off 24 July. Other than that, no not yet-maybe on the airlines' individual websiotes?

I wish the prices of flights would go down, they don't seem to have budged an inch for flying out of Philly. My hopes of going home for Christmas are fading fast as theres no way we can afford over $1000 on 2 tickets
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I wish the prices of flights would go down, they don't seem to have budged an inch for flying out of Philly. My hopes of going home for Christmas are fading fast as theres no way we can afford over $1000 on 2 tickets
Just after we saw you guys in Chicago, we flew to MAN out of Philly on US Airways $899 each.

and US Air were *****ing horrendous.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhh if only I had my Advanced Parole already... oh well, thanks for the tip!!

MB
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MiniBrit
ahhhh if only I had my Advanced Parole already... oh well, thanks for the tip!!

MB

lax to london labor day week $701 direct $650 1 stop not bad!!!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:51 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

3 weeks ago I bought return tickets, VT to Philly, then Philly to London for $950 first class (miles upgrade) for 2 weeks in September.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:55 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Beer:30
Interesting.

Used to be that I could afford the tickets but not the time, now I have the time but not the money. Flip flop flip flop ... not just a Kerry thing

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:38 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Just after we saw you guys in Chicago, we flew to MAN out of Philly on US Airways $899 each.

and US Air were *****ing horrendous.

Yeah I know, they're fricking scandalous. Last time we flew on them I chose hunger over eating what looked like a turd covered in tomato sauce for the main meal. Bleurgh!

And they charge for alcohol - b*stards.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sarah
Yeah I know, they're fricking scandalous. Last time we flew on them I chose hunger over eating what looked like a turd covered in tomato sauce for the main meal. Bleurgh!

And they charge for alcohol - b*stards.

Or as they call it in French cuisine circles.... Merde a la sauce tomate ?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:53 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Just flew with BA it was $2300 for 3 of us (in Premier class) tax and all that BS included (missus is a travel consultant so that saved us 1700 smackers). Stella was free, I was like a little kid in a sweet shop

Watched the new Bruce willis movie and Constantine on the way over (both shite!) and million dolar baby and Sahara on the way back, alright that were.

Sat next to a lady journalist from some Phoneix sports radio station that spent 3 weeks sticking her dictaphone up Lance armstrongs nose, so we had a good banter about the "tour de france".
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 1:18 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
Just flew with BA it was $2300 for 3 of us (in Premier class) tax and all that BS included (missus is a travel consultant so that saved us 1700 smackers). Stella was free, I was like a little kid in a sweet shop

Watched the new Bruce willis movie and Constantine on the way over (both shite!) and million dolar baby and Sahara on the way back, alright that were.

Sat next to a lady journalist from some Phoneix sports radio station that spent 3 weeks sticking her dictaphone up Lance armstrongs nose, so we had a good banter about the "tour de france".

Try Virgin Upper Class next time, sadly the agent fare is now double what it used to be but sure was a class act!