Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheap Flights (2)

Cheap Flights (2)

Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Cheap Flights (2)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...0/public/en_us

BA offering flights from $ 89 each way + taxes from East Coast - UK
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:10 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Flights (2)

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...0/public/en_us

BA offering flights from $ 89 each way + taxes from East Coast - UK
Which month travelling on though? I'll never use BA, there prices are astronomical if you are not on the east coast...just done a search, portland to london $1,800 and that's there lowest priced economy seats! How the fu** can they justify this?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Which month travelling on though? I'll never use BA, there prices are astronomical if you are not on the east coast...just done a search, portland to london $1,800 and that's there lowest priced economy seats! How the fu** can they justify this?

Yikes, what month? And Jambo, try and pick another airport. Portland isn't a very big airport, so there's no competition for European flights. Try Seattle, its not too far a drive and you might find more realistic prices. Also, anything before the 1st of November will be high, the price goes down then, until the 16th of December and through the holiday season. My MIL and Hub's Nan are coming in November and staying two weeks, they'll probably pay around £786. I wish BA's specials went to the West Coast though. Did you know that you can fly direct from Seattle to London on BA?
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:25 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by AmerLisa
Yikes, what month? And Jambo, try and pick another airport. Portland isn't a very big airport, so there's no competition for European flights. Try Seattle, its not too far a drive and you might find more realistic prices. Also, anything before the 1st of November will be high, the price goes down then, until the 16th of December and through the holiday season. My MIL and Hub's Nan are coming in November and staying two weeks, they'll probably pay around £786. I wish BA's specials went to the West Coast though. Did you know that you can fly direct from Seattle to London on BA?
That was for Aug 1st. Just a test to see what came up, we are actually looking at christmas time, so around December. BA come up with virtually nothing from sept onwards from Portland. We have thought about Seattle...ok a quick search of seattle yields some better results...down to roughly $500 per person. About what I normally pay.

Plus another $110 for various taxes and they are still more expensive than anyone else. There is new Canadian airline that goes straight to Scotland from Seattle I think...wish I could remember the website, prices were pretty reasonable. Also with the news that Richard Branson has been given permission to run cheap Virgin Airlines flights to the UK the prices may come down further.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
That was for Aug 1st. Just a test to see what came up, we are actually looking at christmas time, so around December. BA come up with virtually nothing from sept onwards from Portland. We have thought about Seattle...ok a quick search of seattle yields some better results...down to roughly $500 per person. About what I normally pay.

Plus another $110 for various taxes and they are still more expensive than anyone else. There is new Canadian airline that goes straight to Scotland from Seattle I think...wish I could remember the website, prices were pretty reasonable. Also with the news that Richard Branson has been given permission to run cheap Virgin Airlines flights to the UK the prices may come down further.
Sometimes you can get really good deals flying from Los Angeles as well. Virgin flies direct from there - they don't come this far up. If you found a really good deal from LA, you could always fly down on Southwest (usually dirt cheap from Portland) Anyway, over the years I've learned how to arrange travel, living where we did made it necessary.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

$ 625 total for Memsahib & I to fly to Blighty from Dec 2nd - Dec 13th, DC- Heathrow

4th December weymouth away here we come !!!!