Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cheap calls to abroad here....

Cheap calls to abroad here....

Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:29 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Cheap calls to abroad here....

Thought this might be of interest:

http://www.ibuyphonecard.com/

It allows for the purchase of international phone cards online. Best of all, it gives clear comparison between the various providers based on how many minutes you get for your $.

I've used it a couple of times and found it to be reliable.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:10 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap calls to abroad here....

Originally Posted by Chandler
Thought this might be of interest:

http://www.ibuyphonecard.com/

It allows for the purchase of international phone cards online. Best of all, it gives clear comparison between the various providers based on how many minutes you get for your $.

I've used it a couple of times and found it to be reliable.
Thanks but I'll stick with Onesuite.com for the timebeing. Rates to the UK are 3.4 cents p/min but it can be lower and there's no connection fee with Onesuite.com.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:35 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Thanks but I'll stick with Onesuite.com for the timebeing. Rates to the UK are 3.4 cents p/min but it can be lower and there's no connection fee with Onesuite.com.

NC Penguin
There are 11 cards offering calls to the UK for 3.3 cents or less. Some with conection charges, some without. Some toll free, some local. etc.

The one I have allows calls for 0.9 cents. Calls are rounded to 3 mins, but given that my calls are usually much longer this isnt much of a problem.

You make your choice and you pay your money.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:05 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

NC Penguin
Same here. Have used OneSuite ever since I've been here and couldn't fault them. Just top up the ol' account when it's running low.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Ellie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud of

Thanks but I'll stick with Onesuite.com for the timebeing.NC Penguin
I too use/d Onesuite; prior to that I used BigZoo. Had no probs with Onesuite until a couple of months ago when calls would frequently disconnect for no reason. Rather annoying, to say the least.
Recently, Onesuite changed the layout of their website and when I attempted to recharge my account online there was a technical hitch that prohibited me from recharging. Called CS, however they experienced the same problem and were unable to advise when the problem would be resolved. So, I was temporarily left with no (reasonably priced) International phone provider. Did some research online and found Pingo (www.pingo.com) rates extremely favorable for my needs (ie yakking incessantly to my family and friends in the UK ). Although there is a monthly account maintenance fee of $1 (same as BigZoo was) the rates to the UK are 3 cents/min and the clarity of the connection is much better for me than that provided by Onesuite. Pingo have the same PinSkip facility as Onesuite and although they do not yet offer SpeedDial, I am assured by their CS division this will be insitu in the near future. So, I've decided to maintain the Pingo account meantime and discontinue Onesuite's service.