Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chavs in California

Chavs in California

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 4:58 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chavs in California

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Not a Val Doonican look alike then?
I do like a rocker though....
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by N1cky
I agree. I get the impression, between this and his other post about extending his vwp past the 90 day allowance, that he is trying to live in the US. But maybe wrong.

I did ask where in the UK he had moved to, to get away from Chavs, but got no response. I'm sure Devon doesn't have any at all (or dog shit)
Lol! you're right of course - but plenty of sheep poo......
Old Aug 4th 2013, 1:50 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this classes as chav, or just disgusting tossers....

Sitting in a window seat at Hard Rock Philadelphia tonight with wife and kids. 2 young lads with those stupid looking baseball caps on backwards (high top, flat wide brim) came up and peered through the window shielding their eyes with their hands so they could see through ... (ever thought of turning the cap round, Einstein?)
Obviously didn't see what they wanted, or like what they saw, because next thing they spat 2 big greenies on the window and ran off laughing. Their moms must be so proud of them.....
Old Aug 4th 2013, 1:51 am

Oops...too many windows open....meant to post that in "pissed off today" thread...
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by customsquestion
Had my friend's pupil been killed by them scouser girl a couple of years back or the op been thrown in the bay and drowned maybe the New York Daily News or the San Fran equivalent might have been driving immigration policy.
No more than the Americans who've come over here and "fondled kiddies" have driven ours....
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:17 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't actually know what a "chav" was until I started using this forum, I equate it with "yobbos" now.

Yes there are a fair number of them who move to Canada as well or are encountered in tourist spots.

After they've been here awhile they change, I think it's because everyone is much more polite and the controls on alcohol are quite severe. You can't even buy it in a supermarket in Alberta, there is one wholesaler controlled by the Govt. (so it is much more expensive) and you have to go to a liquor store.

Plus everyone is a lot more religious.

I've literally lost count of the number of British and Australian people I've seen get stopped by the police on the beach/boardwalk in Florida/Texas/California/Nevada etc. for having an open container.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Those Brit chavs in California may well have appeared on the Jeremy Kyle (freak) Show at some stage.

It is a great embarrassment to the many decent people here in the UK that this vile excuse for a man Kyle (born and brought up in Reading, Berkshire...sorry for that, Reading...it's a nice town for the most part, shame about all the litter everywhere but that's a national problem so don't fret too much about it!) has taken his nauseating "show" over to the USA, but after seeing a couple of the American episodes it really seems that the American versions of chavs (or neds* as we call them in Scotland) appear to have a certain amount of "class" or "style", quite unlike their British counterparts, most of whom are either nissed as pewts and/or flying higher than Everest piled on top of Everest.

The Americans tend not eff and jeff in every sentence, are reasonably articulate with the ability to use words of more than one syllable and are infinitely more expressive, they do have full sets of gnashers - yes, that's for sure....the American "chavs" do indeed possess practically all of their teeth....and don't look as if they buy all their clothes from the American version of Primark and don't look as if they have slept in a roadside hedge all night.

*Neds (Scot.) - Non economic delinquents.

Last edited by Lothianlad; Aug 5th 2013 at 8:46 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 11:46 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lit Up
Biked over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito yesterday, waiting in line for the ferry back, a whole extended family of chavs from London there. The females (mother and three daughters) were all wearing pink 'california' hoodies. The old grandad (pushing 70) gets confrontational in the queue, saying how I've pushed in front, basically being a right arse hole. I told him to relax, he comes back with bile. Great example to the kids. I can't understand how they can afford a west coast holiday (apparently they were staying in an RV for 300 dollars a day) - but maybe the son made good and opened a chain of chip shops? All the time I'm thinking to myself, "this is why I left London"...
Long gone are the days when you could give people like this a stout whack with your walking stick and get thanked by the local police for it.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Zen10
Long gone are the days when you could give people like this a stout whack with your walking stick and get thanked by the local police for it.
Although you could probably get away with shooting them...
Old Aug 6th 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

guitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lbjen
Florida would probably shut down if chav Brits weren't allowed to invade Orlando on a whim.
Funny you say that, along with the OP's tale. Years ago in Orlando, it was all so peaceful and I was thinking how polite the Americans were. Then one night we witnessed an incident where two chavs on two-wheel motorised things barged past a German family on the sidewalk and "exchanged words" with them. I recall some swear words and the chav turning back to call them "soft little mongs". The German family just had this look on their face like "who are these scumbags?"

In all our time in Florida, the only appalling behaviour I saw was from our very own British parasites

I just felt they were letting down Britain.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 5:40 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the US isn't Greece or Spain.

Like I said the "booze" factor seems to be one of the major reasons for it, Americans go to Las Vegas imo basically because it's one of the few places you can walk around with a drink, so I'm bemused by foreigners who go there because they've heard of its reputation. By comparison to some of the destinations in Europe it's a religious institution.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I didn't actually know what a "chav" was until I started using this forum, I equate it with "yobbos" now.
chav - I had no idea, so I just looked it up on Wiki. Council Housed and Violent...LOL, I'm so out of touch.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Curtis86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe they won their 'ollydey'
Old Aug 7th 2013, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

KCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve_
Yes, the US isn't Greece or Spain.

Like I said the "booze" factor seems to be one of the major reasons for it, Americans go to Las Vegas imo basically because it's one of the few places you can walk around with a drink, so I'm bemused by foreigners who go there because they've heard of its reputation. By comparison to some of the destinations in Europe it's a religious institution.
I witnessed the nigths in Faliraki (or Phaliraki) in Rhodes Island!!!

It is a special experience all should have at a point in life
Old Aug 7th 2013, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Hang on, we haven't established whether he did 'cut' the line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.