Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Chas & Cam's US Tour is underway

Chas & Cam's US Tour is underway

Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:05 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Chas & Cam's US Tour is underway

Charles and Camilla are in NYC today for Day 1 of their first royal tour to the US. I haven't seen any local news reports yet on TV, but a radio announcer was shocked to hear of the size of their entourage. They're attending a cocktail reception at the Museum of Modern Art tonight and even Mayor Bloomberg isn't going to it!

This is the report in the UK's 'Daily Mail':

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

and

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/30496.htm
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:33 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chas & Cam's US Tour is underway

I suppose there are people in the world who have such a dreary boring existance that they would care, but right now I need to scratch my balls and get that pesky booger out of my nose...which rank much higher on my priority list than news about these bufoons.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it many Americans are fascinated with the royal family. I'm constantly being asked if I know any of them, (of course I had them round for tea all the time). They promote the UK around the world and most of the time do a good job. If it means a few more Americans visit the UK and pump money into the economy then that's a good thing.

Originally Posted by ironporer
I suppose there are people in the world who have such a dreary boring existance that they would care, but right now I need to scratch my balls and get that pesky booger out of my nose...which rank much higher on my priority list than news about these bufoons.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:14 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Charles and Camilla are in NYC today for Day 1 of their first royal tour to the US. I haven't seen any local news reports yet on TV, but a radio announcer was shocked to hear of the size of their entourage. They're attending a cocktail reception at the Museum of Modern Art tonight and even Mayor Bloomberg isn't going to it!

and

Must rush downtown to see them tomorrow
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:17 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

and

There is nothing i would less enjoy than standing in a crowd to see a woman who has a face like smacked ass, and her hubby - a closet 'queen' with huge ears..
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Let's face it many Americans are fascinated with the royal family. I'm constantly being asked if I know any of them, (of course I had them round for tea all the time). They promote the UK around the world and most of the time do a good job. If it means a few more Americans visit the UK and pump money into the economy then that's a good thing.
I 100% agree Sue, they more than earn there keep with the tourist revenues they bring in let alone the fact they make the UK stand out as having something special, I think many citizens of the UK would be amazed if they knew how much the rest of the world envies our Royals.

I never forget when I was travelling I was in a little bar in a remote island off the mainland of Fiji when Prince Phillip got married the place was packed with Fijians sitting around the TV in awe and delight at the ceremony, it brought a lump to my throat.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to kick up a bit of a fuss when it was announced, but not seen anything about it since...hmmm....oh well...can't be a bad thing having them flop around
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:19 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa

I never forget when I was travelling I was in a little bar in a remote island off the mainland of Fiji when Prince Philip got married the place was packed with Fijians sitting around the TV in awe and delight at the ceremony, it brought a lump to my throat.
Blimey!! Didn't realise you were that old, seeing as he's been married nearly 58 years!! :scared:

Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I 100% agree Sue, they more than earn there keep with the tourist revenues they bring in let alone the fact they make the UK stand out as having something special, I think many citizens of the UK would be amazed if they knew how much the rest of the world envies our Royals.

I never forget when I was travelling I was in a little bar in a remote island off the mainland of Fiji when Prince Phillip got married the place was packed with Fijians sitting around the TV in awe and delight at the ceremony, it brought a lump to my throat.
of course Paris gets no tourists since they became a republic.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by CarlM
There is nothing i would less enjoy than standing in a crowd to see a woman who has a face like smacked ass, and her hubby - a closet 'queen' with huge ears..
Bet you're glad you didnt come to my wedding then!!!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
Yes, but Paris also got Parisiennes!! "Let them have cake"!!!! You can't have your cake and eat it!!!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Blimey!! Didn't realise you were that old, seeing as he's been married nearly 58 years!! :scared:

oops I meant Edward
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:09 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

oops I meant Edward

Oops indeed!

You've just failed the citizenship test

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 2:57 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Yeah, Italy and Germany seem to be suffering in the same way.