Reload this Page >

Charlotte Service Office

Charlotte Service Office

Old Apr 25th 2002, 11:10 pm
Jewel Bartle

Default Charlotte Service Office

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has gone through the process of
filling their forms through the Charlotte NC office. I was under the impression that
they accepted walk in fillings, but have talked to people at the 1-800 INS
information number and they advice me I must file by mail??? This being the case any
idea of the time frames we are looking at? ie: for the travel auth, and for the work
auth permit? I appreciate any enlightening information anyone can give me. Thanks

TEST Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.351 / Virus Database: 197 - Release
Date: 4/19/2002

Old Apr 26th 2002, 3:10 am
Gerry Love

Default Re: Charlotte Service Office

Walk-ins are accepted, unless they have recently changed. Check the INS website for
Charlotte, it claims you can still walk in. Go very early, be prepared to wait most
of the day. They lock the doors at 2:00 sharp, even if you have been waiting outside
all morning, and you will have to return another day if you don't get in. Mid-October
2001 we filed AOS, AP, and EAD after my wife entered with a K-1. We went at 8, got
inside at 1. When we went for the fingerprint appointment 4 weeks ago their was no
line for filing at all, and the waiting area was only half-full. This is not the norm
from what I have heard. Our lead time for AP & EAD, 32 days, even though they quoted
60 days. Our AOS interview is scheduled for May 20, only 7 months after filing. Gerry

. ,"Jewel Bartle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has gone through the
process
    > of filling their forms through the Charlotte NC office. I was under the impression
    > that they accepted walk in fillings, but have talked to people
at
    > the 1-800 INS information number and they advice me I must file by mail??? This
    > being the case any idea of the time frames we are looking at? ie:
for
    > the travel auth, and for the work auth permit? I appreciate any enlightening
    > information anyone can give me. Thanks
    >
    >
    > TEST Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
    > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.351 / Virus Database: 197 - Release Date:
    > 4/19/2002

Old Apr 26th 2002, 2:40 pm
Betastar

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 02:16:07 GMT, "Gerry Love" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >We went at 8, got inside at 1.

We usually get there around 5:30am (stay in the Holiday Inn across the street and
have an early wake-up call!) and are usually out of there by 8am.

If you do this, I recommend you bring a beach-type chair or something to sit on - the
concrete gets cold.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 2:40 am
Novios

You can file in person at the Charlotte Office. We always arrived around 6am and
would usually be somewhere in the first ten in line. Plus, filing in person will let
you know if your paperwork is accepted or if you need to change anything. The INS
personnel there have been very helpful with us. When we initially filed, the officer
caught a couple of mistakes and helped us correct them on the spot. Best Wishes!!