Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Changing Status from H1 to H4 with in US

Changing Status from H1 to H4 with in US

Old May 31st 2002, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 101
Balaji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing Status from H1 to H4 with in US

Hello Experts,

I have changed my H1 from company A to Company B in August 2000. I went to Montreal from stamping on behalf of my company B. Unfortunately I did not get stamped. The reason they gave is they do not have education evaluation previlages and they asked me to go to home country to get the visa. But as my I 94 was valid then I could come back into US. And I still have a valid H1 approval (valid till feb 2003 of company B).

Now I am marrying H1 holder here in US. Is it possible to get my H4 stamped after my marriage by sending the passport to St. Louis.

Any suggessions will be highly appriciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2002, 2:20 am
Paul Helpdesk
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Changing Status from H1 to H4 with in US

If you are seeking H-4, you could file for a change of status. Hope you realize that
you cannot work under H-4.



Paul @ HelpDesk

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.