Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Changing my Sport Science Degree to teach in USA

Changing my Sport Science Degree to teach in USA

Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

patoconnor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing my Sport Science Degree to teach in USA

Can anyone point me in the right direction of trying to change my degree from an English BSc to a Teaching degree in America?
Is it an easy process?

Thanks for the help!
Pat
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing my Sport Science Degree to teach in USA

Originally Posted by patoconnor View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction of trying to change my degree from an English BSc to a Teaching degree in America?
By "English BSc" I'm guessing you mean a British BSc degree in Sport Science - since that's the title of your thread.

That said, you can't change your degree. There is no single "teaching degree" in the US - and the qualifications you'll need will depend first on what level you want to teach (elementary school, secondary school, college) and in which one of the 50 states you want to teach. Each has it's own requirements for teaching.

Generally speaking, most schools will require a Masters degree before considering you as a candidate for sponsorship. And, since it will cost many thousands of dollars to sponsor you... why would they, unless you have superior qualifications?

Is it an easy process?
Getting a degree is quite easy. Getting sponsored for a visa is quite difficult.

Ian