Reload this Page >

Change to J1 status??--Confusion

Change to J1 status??--Confusion

Old May 23rd 2003, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Imojan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change to J1 status??--Confusion

Hi
I came to USA in F2 visa. I have applied for the change of visa status to J1, 31 days back. I will be subjected to 2 Yrs Home country residency requirements.
1. My husband has applied for Canada immigration. My question is; can I stay for 2 yrs in Canada to fulfill home residence requirement (if we get PR) or shall I still have to go back to my country (because I have applied for j visa status change while being a PR of my own country now).
2. If I want to cancel my application to INS for the change of visa to J1, what should I do??
3. Even if I get status changed to J1, is there any way that I get out of this status and continue my F2 status (and later apply for a H visa)??
Your prompt reply will be highly valuable because I am in great tension now. My husband will continue his own F1 visa and plans to stay for 5-6 years here or even immigrate if possible (if Canadian PR does not materalize) and I want to be with him.
Thanks