Change of address

Wikiposts

Change of address

Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:39 am
Just Joined

michael60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of address

Hello
I have just found this board and I am pleased I did. I am in the process of applying for a K1 visa and I am about to send the relevant forms to the US Embassy in London and have my interview arranged. However, by the time the date for my interview comes around I will have changed address. The forms are already filled in with my current address and to change them would be messy and probably confuse the whole process, as this is the address they have on file for me. I was wondering if I should just include a letter telling them my new address and the date the change will take place? Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Michael60
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of address

Can't answer about an address change in that stage of the process...but I'm sure someone will know and reply quickly enough if you asked in the visa forum, marriage based would probably be best, or I could move the thread if you prefered

And welcome to the forum
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:45 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michael60
Hello
I have just found this board and I am pleased I did. I am in the process of applying for a K1 visa and I am about to send the relevant forms to the US Embassy in London and have my interview arranged. However, by the time the date for my interview comes around I will have changed address. The forms are already filled in with my current address and to change them would be messy and probably confuse the whole process, as this is the address they have on file for me. I was wondering if I should just include a letter telling them my new address and the date the change will take place? Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Michael60
I would suggest emailing the Embassy and asking them.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:44 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michael60
Hello

Thanks

Michael60
I did the K1 a few years ago and I thought there was something in the paperwork about change of address? If you do move, i would use the mail forwarding service from the post office, just to be safe.