Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Certified copies of evidents are required?

Certified copies of evidents are required?

Old Apr 13th 2002, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

wildxena is on a distinguished road
Default Certified copies of evidents are required?

If I would like to send in copies of evidents for I-485 and I-130, are Certified copies a MUST? Would they approve Non-certified copies? How can I get Certified copies? I think I might file my package thru mail, what is the pros and cons on filing thru mail or in person? anyone knows? Anything would help.
Old Apr 14th 2002, 12:40 am
Mrtrave;L

Default Re: Certified copies of evidents are required?

wildxena wrote:
    >
    > If I would like to send in copies of evidents for I-485 and I-130, are Certified
    > copies a MUST? Would they approve Non-certified copies? How can I get Certified
    > copies? I think I might file my package thru mail, what is the pros and cons on
    > filing thru mail or in person? anyone knows? Anything would help.

You need to send them a copy of the certified copy and be prepared to show them the
real certified copy at the interview. Seriously, does anyone ever do any research
before asking the same questions in this newsgroup over and over? For instance,
everyday there are multiple questions on whether or not someone can adjust status
from a tourist visa. Before bouncing into a newgroup with a load of questions, you
should actually read what has already been posted to it before. Regrading the pros
and cons... Some places do not let you file in person. So, the con would be that you
spend hours in line for nothing.

Old Apr 14th 2002, 12:40 am
Georgesgirl35

Default Re: Certified copies of evidents are required?

Hi, We just sent in photocopies of all certified documents such as marriage and
birth. We also sent a letter stating that these were true copies and that the
originals would be available for their inspection on request.They accepted that. We
filed by sending the applications by overnight post that way we had a receipt of
posting but we did state that we waived them signing for it. We would have filed in
person but our office doesnt treat it any different to if youd have posted it and
they are 8 hours away from us so we didnt see any point. hope that helps