Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing H-1b - Do I Have to go to UK?

Renewing H-1b - Do I Have to go to UK?

Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Fruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really nice
Question Renewing H-1b - Do I Have to go to UK?

I searched for this but couldn't find an answer.

My H-1b is in the process of getting renewed. At any point do I have to go back to the UK to get it stamped or anything? Or does it just get renewed and that's it.

I'd rather not pay to go back, but then again if I can coincide this with the World Cup starting, then it ain't a waste of time
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:37 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing H-1b - Do I Have to go to UK?

Originally Posted by Fruit & Veg
I searched for this but couldn't find an answer.

My H-1b is in the process of getting renewed. At any point do I have to go back to the UK to get it stamped or anything? Or does it just get renewed and that's it.

I'd rather not pay to go back, but then again if I can coincide this with the World Cup starting, then it ain't a waste of time

As long as you have valid H1b STATUS you do not need a VISA.

The latter is only required for travel to the US.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Fruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really nice

errr.....OK. So that means I can't ever leave and come back? I'm confused.

In one word, yes or no, to renew my H1B Visa so I can live, work and travel to and from the US freely, will I have to go to the UK to stamp/validate it?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:59 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fruit & Veg
errr.....OK. So that means I can't ever leave and come back? I'm confused.

In one word, yes or no, to renew my H1B Visa so I can live, work and travel to and from the US freely, will I have to go to the UK to stamp/validate it?
You can live here as long as you have valid hib STATUS, i.e. your H1b has been renewed, with a new I-94.

To travel, you'll need to get the VISA stamped in your passport - either at the US Embassy in London, or some place else. I believe Canada and Mexico are popular destinations for visa stamping (you need an appointment though).
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.