Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cell Phone Number

Cell Phone Number

Old Jan 6th 2019, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Beraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cell Phone Number

Originally Posted by durham_lad

we did this in reverse when moving to the UK. Set up a UK Skype number, Skype app on my smart phone to receive. Very useful while searching for rental places, we were able to give the UK number to estate agents etc. Once in the UK we switched the UK Skype number for a US Skype number which our US banks and brokerage now have.
First I've heard of this, thanks for sharing this very useful information. Looks like I'll have a UK phone number now. Did you have any problems with the service at all?
Old Jan 6th 2019, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beraider
First I've heard of this, thanks for sharing this very useful information. Looks like I'll have a UK phone number now. Did you have any problems with the service at all?
No, it works just fine, and if you don't pick-up in time the caller can leave a Skype voice message.

It does not accept text messages but again that works fine with the occasional time I need to receive a login verification code from, say, my online Vanguard account. When ready to receive the code I select voice rather than text, the Skype call comes in and I listen to a robotic voice read out the 5 or 6 digit code and type it in to get access to my account.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Beraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad
No, it works just fine, and if you don't pick-up in time the caller can leave a Skype voice message.

It does not accept text messages but again that works fine with the occasional time I need to receive a login verification code from, say, my online Vanguard account. When ready to receive the code I select voice rather than text, the Skype call comes in and I listen to a robotic voice read out the 5 or 6 digit code and type it in to get access to my account.
thanks once again for a very informative and useful post. Your willingness to share information is on constant display throughout this forum and is a tremendous help.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 1:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beraider
thanks once again for a very informative and useful post. Your willingness to share information is on constant display throughout this forum and is a tremendous help.
Thanks for that lovely post, it's always nice when a BE member's effort to help others is recognised. Durham Lad is a bit of a star, always so helpful and nice with it
Old Jan 6th 2019, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Thanks for that lovely post, it's always nice when a BE member's effort to help others is recognised. Durham Lad is a bit of a star, always so helpful and nice with it
Now you’ve got me blushing 😊