Cell Phone

Old May 8th 2015, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

chuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cell Phone

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Not sure I agree, given the data speed when roaming on T-Mobile is essentially unusable.
It is slow - so you can't watch online videos or send email with large photos. But for texting and iMessage and text-based email it is okay. A friend travelling in Argentina used T-Mobile free data roaming successfully for navigation with Google Maps.

The other T-Mobile kicker when roaming is WiFi calling. When I travelled at Christmas, where there was WiFi there were zero roaming charges for incoming calls to my US number, and standard US call rates for outgoing calls.

Last edited by chuckles67; May 8th 2015 at 2:09 pm.
Old May 8th 2015, 2:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluedaze
We called O2 and they wanted to do a credit check etc even for pay as you go before they would mail us one, as we had just arrived in the country we needed something there and then, 3 gave us that opportunity.
We topped up £15 and had unlimited mins, texts and 500mb of data for 30 days which is perfect for someone visiting the country.
Please, I challenge you to get a Nano Sim from 02 with no questions asked.
O2 02 Nano Sim Card Pay and Go for iPhone 5 5c 5S iPhone 6 2 GB Internet 4G | eBay
Old May 8th 2015, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluedaze
Please, I challenge you to get a Nano Sim from 02 with no questions asked.
I arrived back in the UK last August after 3 years in the USA, and I got PAYG nano-SIMs for my iphone and ipad from EE, 3 and giffgaff without any problems whatsoever by walking into the appropriate shops for the first two and online for the last one. I settled on EE as it has the best signal in the areas I travel.

For anyone arriving as a tourist, I believe most airports also have vending machines selling a variety of SIM cards in the arrivals area, although they will not be as good value as going direct.