Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Old May 29th 2006, 3:59 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
All folks is queer except thee and me. And even thee's a bit queer sometimes.
I wonder what happened to the queer chap who inadvertently started the Slob thread? He seems to have gone very quiet.

It's been a while since I had any Scottish twat.
Old May 29th 2006, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I wonder what happened to the queer chap who inadvertently started the Slob thread? He seems to have gone very quiet.

It's been a while since I had any Scottish twat.
Yes I'd like to see him fight his corner.

I had a Scottish boyfirend once. He was good-looking and good in bed but turned out to be bisexual.
Old May 29th 2006, 4:32 pm

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

I had a Scottish boyfirend once. He was good-looking and good in bed but turned out to be bisexual.
What a twat. I guess you didn't fancy his boyfriend then ?
Old May 29th 2006, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

What a twat. I guess you didn't fancy his boyfriend then ?
LOL good point...
Old May 29th 2006, 5:05 pm

LOL good point...
It seems you have as little to do today as I do, and I am at work!!
Old May 29th 2006, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

It seems you have as little to do today as I do, and I am at work!!
Yeah, my husband's at work, my son is at a sleepover and my daughter has a friend here. It's always a bad sign when one starts browsing the Aus forum.
Old May 29th 2006, 5:49 pm
Peter21

I don't know. You try to liven things up a bit on a sleepy holiday weekend by starting an argument and it ends up with the clergy quietening things down. What ever happened to the traditional British intolerance of the views of others?

When I was a lad, Yates Wine Lodge in Nottingham was the place to go for a cheap piss-up and to watch endless arguments and fights. I was back there last year and (gasp!) it had become yuppiefied and was now a ........ wine bar .... with people quietly sipping wine (oh the shock! oh the horror!).

So, have the British become soft and flabby? Are we becoming tolerant(surely not)?

Perhaps more interesting, how did you find out he was bisexual? Was kinky sex involved? Don't spare any details.

Old May 29th 2006, 6:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter21
So, have the British become soft and flabby? Are we becoming tolerant(surely not)?
Maybe ... I am well known as Mr Tolerant and kindness around here ..........
Old May 29th 2006, 6:47 pm

I don't know. You try to liven things up a bit on a sleepy holiday weekend by starting an argument and it ends up with the clergy quietening things down. What ever happened to the traditional British intolerance of the views of others?

When I was a lad, Yates Wine Lodge in Nottingham was the place to go for a cheap piss-up and to watch endless arguments and fights. I was back there last year and (gasp!) it had become yuppiefied and was now a ........ wine bar .... with people quietly sipping wine (oh the shock! oh the horror!).

Perhaps more interesting, how did you find out he was bisexual? Was kinky sex involved? Don't spare any details.
When I was at college there was a Yate's in the middle of Manchester which actually had an iron railing to stop you getting to the bar. It also had sawdust on the floor.
Old May 29th 2006, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Hi Peter21 were you having us on you sly fox?

Nothing too outrageous on the bisexuality I'm afraid - I was helping him paint his flat and was idly talking about a gay man at work who was good with paint colours and he said "Well I'm gay too"- I carried on painting trying not to look too shocked. It appears he had met a party of Finns whose bohemian lifestyle had caught his fancy.
Old May 29th 2006, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peter21 were you having us on you sly fox?

Nothing too outrageous on the bisexuality I'm afraid - I was helping him paint his flat and was idly talking about a gay man at work who was good with paint colours and he said "Well I'm gay too"- I carried on painting trying not to look too shocked. It appears he had met a party of Finns whose bohemian lifestyle had caught his fancy.
I have nothing to say to Peter21.......he called us slobs.......that's unless he cares to apologise.
Old May 29th 2006, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have nothing to say to Peter21.......he called us slobs.......that's unless he cares to apologise.
He could join our club
Old May 29th 2006, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

He could join our club
Only if he apologies.
Old May 29th 2006, 9:04 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Only if he apologies.

We did (well you really! ) make a positive out of a negative, we do have a lovely slob club now thanks to his comments. Can you cut him an itsy bitsy little bit of slack? Of course ma'am, as president of the slob club this would be totally up to you and I bow to your better judgement!
Old May 29th 2006, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blaze
We did (well you really! ) make a positive out of a negative, we do have a lovely slob club now thanks to his comments. Can you cut him an itsy bitsy little bit of slack? Of course ma'am, as president of the slob club this would be totally up to you and I bow to your better judgement!
He might not want to join a club which would accept him as a member.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.