Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Old May 28th 2006, 12:00 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Originally Posted by Peter21
We live about a half hours drive south in Iowa City. A great university town that often appears in top ten lists of best places to live. Iowa has low housing costs, not much traffic, terrific schools and people that are super.

Aren't the negative comments from people who know nothing about Iowa great! They help keep slobs like them stuck in awful places like the East or West coasts.
Yes they are great. It seems that Iowa has cornered the market on slobs. I am sorry that you are it.

My wife, a genuine born and bred American Princess, says that Iowa is one of the "Vowel States". Others are Indiana, Ohio, Idaho, Alabama, Georgia.....you get the picture.

If a state has greater than 50% vowels in the name then we cannot live there. Fortunately New York and Florida do not fit the "Vowel State" criteria.

Presumably the marginal 50% states like Alaska are 2nd place options.
Old May 28th 2006, 12:08 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Iowa City is nice, but I would not want to live in a state covered in that much pig shit.
Thanks SB - my first real laugh of the day. Classic

Ps - Sallyanne - i'm obviously still in that mood - maybe its something to do with being home alone and the kids being 200 miles away ..
Old May 28th 2006, 12:27 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
I'm proud to say that I'm an east coast slob. You should see the state of my computer desk. I'd make a fortune from the recycling! Well, $1.75 anyway)

Thursday and Fridays dinner plates are around here somewhere but I think the dog finished them off for me.

Personally, once you get past the Mississippi and everything gets flat I lose interest.

Apparently you're not an 'East coast' slob, you're a 'NE coast' slob, I've already been corrected!
Old May 28th 2006, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
Apparently you're not an 'East coast' slob, you're a 'NE coast' slob, I've already been corrected!

Not correct, East coast is east coast, if you live inland then its not the coast is it? Never mentioned NE. Blaze due to your confusion you have proudly proved yourself to be a slob, so hop over to the Trailer Park and sign up for membership.
Old May 28th 2006, 12:40 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not correct, East coast is east coast, if you live inland then its not the coast is it? Never mentioned NE. Blaze due to your confusion you have proudly proved yourself to be a slob, so hop over to the Trailer Park and sign up for membership.

Okay, then disregard my application on said thread, I would be honoured to be a member!
Old May 28th 2006, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Yes they are great. It seems that Iowa has cornered the market on slobs. I am sorry that you are it.

My wife, a genuine born and bred American Princess, says that Iowa is one of the "Vowel States". Others are Indiana, Ohio, Idaho, Alabama, Georgia.....you get the picture.

If a state has greater than 50% vowels in the name then we cannot live there. Fortunately New York and Florida do not fit the "Vowel State" criteria.

Presumably the marginal 50% states like Alaska are 2nd place options.
Very funny
Old May 28th 2006, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Thanks SB - my first real laugh of the day. Classic

Ps - Sallyanne - i'm obviously still in that mood - maybe its something to do with being home alone and the kids being 200 miles away ..
Keep it up
Old May 28th 2006, 3:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Keep it up
I'm shocked!
Old May 28th 2006, 2:34 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

This thread is a perfect example of just how crap this forum has become over the years. It was a great place to come for help and ideas but, sadly, has slowly degenerated into a bitchfest. A damned shame.
Old May 28th 2006, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Haggischomper
This thread is a perfect example of just how crap this forum has become over the years. It was a great place to come for help and ideas but, sadly, has slowly degenerated into a bitchfest. A damned shame.

The person being bitched about was not the one asking for help, but somone who wrote off the east and west coasts as "awful" and the people living there as slobs. Genuine requests for help are still answered in a thoughtful way, I believe.
Old May 28th 2006, 6:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Haggischomper

With your attitude thank goodness you've only got 159 posts in 3 yrs. Hopefully we will not see or hear much from you in the next 3 yrs.
Old May 28th 2006, 6:17 pm
Blondie22

With your attitude thank goodness you've only got 159 posts in 3 yrs. Hopefully we will not see or hear much from you in the next 3 yrs.

You go girl, you go girl!
Old May 28th 2006, 6:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by blaze
You go girl, you go girl!
Thanks. Just popped in briefly.......taking a break from the heat......but its nice in the pool.
Old May 28th 2006, 10:32 pm
Blondie22

Thanks. Just popped in briefly.......taking a break from the heat......but its nice in the pool.

I got a terrible headache from being out too much in the sun today so I came in to take motrin and drink some water!
Old May 28th 2006, 10:37 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.