Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

CBP / GOES interview for Global Entry tomorrow

CBP / GOES interview for Global Entry tomorrow

Old Dec 8th 2015, 7:14 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CBP / GOES interview for Global Entry tomorrow

Originally Posted by tht
Since yesterday was tomorrow when you posted, how did it go, were you approved?

If so did they stick something to your ID, the stuck a small white sticker on my GC that says CBP, which I have had questions about from check in agents at airports, one even wanted to remove it...
The CBP don't use that sticker anymore.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 7:20 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
They do. What relevance is that to US Citizens though?
Not much for ones born US Citizens, ones who have been through the immigration or naturalization process may have had bio-metric data collected before anyway so you can't just lump them all in to the same category.

The OP is also not a USC per this thread
Old Dec 13th 2015, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

toluani is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question re Global Entry, I have a conviction from the UK which is now spent according to UK laws for driving without insurance which resulted in a fine and points on licence.

Does any of you know of this makes me inelligible for GE? Do I have a chance or will it be automatic rejection?
Old Dec 13th 2015, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toluani
Quick question re Global Entry, I have a conviction from the UK which is now spent according to UK laws for driving without insurance which resulted in a fine and points on licence.

Does any of you know of this makes me inelligible for GE? Do I have a chance or will it be automatic rejection?
I really don't know but I'd be amazed that a non-felony driving conviction would be grounds for rejection.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 1:30 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toluani

Are you a LPR or US citizen? If so, it won't bar you I believe. Driving convictions here - in my brief experience - aren't viewed in the same seriousness as they are in the UK. I have a conviction for driving well over 100mph on a motorway and the GE guys laughed about it at interview.

If you are not an LPR or USC and have to apply via the Home Office site first, then no, you will not qualify as _any_ criminal conviction (even speeding conviction by way of a court) disbars you. Ridiculous.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 8:50 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

For the NEXUS interview you have to be interviewed by CBSA as well, the CBP bit is easy by comparison.

Problem #1 - getting an appointment. In the end I just showed up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday and they fit me in. Problem #2 - now no longer a problem but the CBSA inspector at YYC was a really grumpy cow, fortunately she retired. Problem #3 - I am apparently impervious to all of the biometric technology that CBP has.

They're trialling facial recognition - it wouldn't work on me for some reason (not designed to work on white people?) Can't read my fingerprints, which is a problem I've been having for years. In the end the inspector just said he'd talk to his supervisor to get me approved because he couldn't actually check who I was other than by manually typing my name in. Because I already had a NEXUS card he could just check the old photo to confirm it.

Has anyone on here got a SENTRI card? I just wondered what they did during the vehicle inspection.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

toluani is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I am not yet a Us Citizen or LPR. Currently on L1 visa which means I will not qualify
Thanks for the confirmation, I will hold of till I get a green card.
Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Are you a LPR or US citizen? If so, it won't bar you I believe. Driving convictions here - in my brief experience - aren't viewed in the same seriousness as they are in the UK. I have a conviction for driving well over 100mph on a motorway and the GE guys laughed about it at interview. If you are not an LPR or USC and have to apply via the Home Office site first, then no, you will not qualify as _any_ criminal conviction (even speeding conviction by way of a court) disbars you. Ridiculous.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 11:19 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national...ry-uk-citizens

The UK registered traveller thing is a total joke, 4 trips minimum per year and you've got to pay £50 per year. Who the hell would bother?
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve_
http://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national...ry-uk-citizens

The UK registered traveller thing is a total joke, 4 trips minimum per year and you've got to pay £50 per year. Who the hell would bother?
No one. It's a complete joke. If I was a USC I would be pissed with that paltry offering.

The 4 trio requirement in the prior 12 months is beyond a joke.