Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cats to the USA

Cats to the USA

Old Nov 7th 2001, 2:19 pm
Alex

Hi has anyone shipped cats to the USA if so which company did you use and how much
did it cost We have book are flight and we will be moving on the 30th NOV 2001 From
Bolton manchester UK TO Jacksonville FL USA and if anyone is in jacksonville what do
you think of it ??

alex

Old Nov 7th 2001, 6:49 pm
Alvena Ferreira

SKaTeRNL wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
I think that Arnaldo's daughter Paula brought her cats in cat carriers that resided
under her seat on the plane...if interested, check with your airline on that. Some
might do better that way, and others not.

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Nov 7th 2001, 9:23 pm
Grinch

>

Their Football team sucks.

Grinch

Old Nov 8th 2001, 12:38 am
Banjo Bob

Long flights for cats can be extremely traumatic for them! Many airlines no longer
allow pet travel due to the liability if they die while in the care of the airline.

Also, many states have quarantine laws so check your state to see if you can just
bring them in. I know animals from the Europe are being watched very carefully now
due to the cow diseases of recent.

Think of what's best for the animal's welfare too. I've shipped cats cross country
and almost lost one. That was a relatively short trip -- not an international flight
of many hours. My sister raises sled dog teams and has found it extremely difficult
in the past year to find a carrier who will carry her dogs. She drives them almost
everywhere now.

Bob

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:19:23 -0000, "Alex"

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 8th 2001, 12:23 pm
Simon Jessey

<> and if anyone is in jacksonville what do you think of it ??

Their Football team sucks.>

Forced to agree with Grinch, there. I dislike the Jaguars, partly because of the way
America pronounces Jag-waaah LOL.

SimonEaglesFan

Simon, UK http://members.aol.com/scjessey/

09/10/01 I-129F filed
09/11/01 1st NOA
09/12/01 Request For Evidence
09/13/01 2nd NOA

Old Nov 8th 2001, 12:27 pm
Jadm

my spouse came from Uk and had to have his cat vet checked (certificate of health)
and it was quarenteened once it got here for 30 days. (VA.)

Old Nov 8th 2001, 11:03 pm
Whit

Jacksonville has a modest economy. The air is a bit yuchy now and then due to the
Fish smell and the industry (like the paper mill). It is a large city by area. It
occupies the entire county--the largest county (again by area).

I would say this place is really good if you have some kind of head start--like a
couple hundred thousand. But jobs don't grow on trees. I'd grab a local newspaper now
(if I were you) and access it.

The people have a Southern mentality to a large degree. Just a few rednecks here.
Yep. The surrounding areas are beautiful to drive. This area is safe.

Whit