British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Cats and Dogs.......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/cats-dogs-408504/)

Silly Sod Nov 16th 2006 7:17 pm

Cats and Dogs..........

.............is what it is raining here in K-Zoo. Soooo miserable, I would much rather it snowed than this. At least in snow you can go outdoors. Cold it may be but at least it doesn't fill you with S.A.D. feelings. Everyone tells me to dread the Michigan snow, I may well be eating my words before long but right now, given the choice, snow it would be!!!

Maz Nov 16th 2006 7:19 pm

Re: Cats and Dogs..........

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
.............is what it is raining here in K-Zoo. Soooo miserable, I would much rather it snowed than this. At least in snow you can go outdoors. Cold it may be but at least it doesn't fill you with S.A.D. feelings. Everyone tells me to dread the Michigan snow, I may well be eating my words before long but right now, given the choice, snow it would be!!!

But once the rain starts, it doesn't stick to the ground and stay there until mid-March. ;) :p I love the rain. Hate winter here.

Silly Sod Nov 16th 2006 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
But once the rain starts, it doesn't stick to the ground and stay there until mid-March. ;) :p I love the rain. Hate winter here.

I love the rain when I am indoors. I love the sound of a good downpour at night when I am snuggled up warm with the missus. But when I have to go to the store for mile or something, and as I am not yet driving, it is merciless! So, in the words of the old chrimbo song: let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :)

Manc Nov 16th 2006 7:23 pm

rain goes down the drain mate.

snow hangs around for months and months.

I'll take rain anyday.

Maz Nov 16th 2006 7:24 pm

I love the rain when I am indoors. I love the sound of a good downpour at night when I am snuggled up warm with the missus. But when I have to go to the store for mile or something, and as I am not yet driving, it is merciless! So, in the words of the old chrimbo song: let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :)

Can I hazard a guess that this is your first winter over here?... :p

Silly Sod Nov 16th 2006 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Can I hazard a guess that this is your first winter over here?... :p

Yes, and I know what you are going to say because my wife, father inlaw, mother and brother inlaw, strangers at the bar and neighbours tell me all the time. I will definately eat my words in a couple of months if needs be. But you cant build rainmen or make rain angels he he

Maz Nov 16th 2006 7:39 pm

But you cant build rainmen or make rain angels he he

You could always try. :p

I wait for spring with baited breath. :D

Silly Sod Nov 16th 2006 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
You could always try. :p

I wait for spring with baited breath. :D

I have. Ended up all damp and frustrated. Bit like pubert really (oh err missus!!!) he he

Maz Nov 16th 2006 11:10 pm

I have. Ended up all damp and frustrated. Bit like pubert really (oh err missus!!!) he he

LOL!! Good on ya for trying though. ;) :p